Xm can thread

McTwist

Reaction score
I am torn between 3 cans. I am trying to decide between the Bikeman can, SLP and HPS. I don't know which one to go with as I am low elevation 2000 ft+. I haven't been able to get a clear answer if any of them perform well at low elevation let alone which performs best.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am torn between 3 cans. I am trying to decide between the Bikeman can, SLP and HPS. I don't know which one to go with as I am low elevation 2000 ft+. I haven't been able to get a clear answer if any of them perform well at low elevation let alone which performs best.

Go with the J&T good to go..............

hotwing

Reaction score
Read through most of this thread. still wondering on the Bikeman preformance powderlite can and Y....any reviews? its either that or the dynoport Y and Can

also curious about the bikemans cans (powerlite and full velocity)... haven't heard much at all...

as of right now probably getting an SLP, heard really good things.

RyanMuir

Reaction score
I think I'm going with the dynoport. Specialty sleds have the can and Y pipe. I was set on the mbrp but after hearing bad reviews and being back ordered ill try something else I guess

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks... my confidance was high until a few negative posts but its going on... love having the muff pot
My xm sled worked perfect for 330 km. i put a thing on it and no codes or farting at altitude. But during a long pull as in 20-30 seconds it pulls down in power so I turn out. Right as I'm turning out it stumbles and everything. Next trip I will put the mbrp from my renegade on the xm and see if that's the fix. Also that day a stock xm with same size rider was out performing mine in the deep long pulls. Not by a lot. It just held 8000 rpm forever and under hard load mine pulls down slowly and sometimes as low as 7400

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just don't know why some run just fine?
I did a high speed ditch bang yesterday from hwy 16 to sangudo and back with a mbrp on a new renegade 800 etec. No issues at all here. 2400 feet elevation by lake isle (I think). My sled never burbles.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My xm sled worked perfect for 330 km. i put a thing on it and no codes or farting at altitude. But during a long pull as in 20-30 seconds it pulls down in power so I turn out. Right as I'm turning out it stumbles and everything. Next trip I will put the mbrp from my renegade on the xm and see if that's the fix. Also that day a stock xm with same size rider was out performing mine in the deep long pulls. Not by a lot. It just held 8000 rpm forever and under hard load mine pulls down slowly and sometimes as low as 7400

well mine was stumbling hard on the way up if ya grabbed a fist full it just cut out.... I want to say at elevation it was fine but to be honest it was so deep I dont think I could see my gauges all day haha seemed to pull hard but I rarely just keep it down that long in the deep Im always on and off

that being said my MBRP can on my 12 etec was flawless everywhere, didnt stumble ever s what makes the THING stumble at low elevation? is that backpressure? Because Im still confused about the shape of this THING lol

If anyone wants to trade for MBRP or HPS let me know

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I now have learned the probe in the can is shorter than 2012 etec's where and that's why I am having a few minor issues. I am guessing most of the cans available were made for the 2012 and they weren't updated for this minor change.

jamessavage

Reaction score
Got my exhaust back from ceramic coating just before Christmas and modified the Thing before coating. Changed all the mounting so it fit a little better and I had an elbow crop around the shop so I got rid of the mitered elbow that it comes with. I also fixed up some of the welding with the TIG. I can't input any performance issues as riding time is minimal and the 1 mile blast in the field doesn't really count. A few guys were criticizing the fit and finish, which is somewhat justified, but with a little fine tuning it looks pretty good. I am new to this site but there should be a picture attached.

Attachments

• Fort Saskatchewan-20121222-00040.jpg
    Fort Saskatchewan-20121222-00040.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 337

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my exhaust back from ceramic coating just before Christmas and modified the Thing before coating. Changed all the mounting so it fit a little better and I had an elbow crop around the shop so I got rid of the mitered elbow that it comes with. I also fixed up some of the welding with the TIG. I can't input any performance issues as riding time is minimal and the 1 mile blast in the field doesn't really count. A few guys were criticizing the fit and finish, which is somewhat justified, but with a little fine tuning it looks pretty good. I am new to this site but there should be a picture attached.

Nice job!! Looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

800xmr

Reaction score
I have a 2012 etec 154'' with " the thing" on it. It performs excellent up in the mountains, but I do live in the prairies and it has a bog when you stab the throttle while going say 30 miles an hour already.. It's been said to try the 130/350 spring in the primary, and add 2-3 grams of pin weight. I have done this. Then someone mentioned, (maybe even Al from the sled shed) to go to a softer secondary spring. Does anyone know what comes stock for a secondary spring? And what would be the one to try? I would like to make this sled work well with this pipe, and then just switch it back for when I go to the mountains.. I am a fairly light rider, like 175lbs. Where my one friend has same sled and has done nothing to his and it works very well for him.. Also has the thing can... But he has maybe another 50lbs on me.. Any help would be great..

yammyman

Reaction score
After 300km of riding at anywhere from 2000- 7000 ft my carbon fibre can from Carbon Sled Parts world awesome. No burping, backfiring, bogging, codes or other issues whatsoever!

Now the sled is broke in she pulls HARD and it's supposed to be the lightest on the market.

It was really loud through low-mid to WOT while break-in but it's seemed to tone down a bit and is most throaty at WOT. Sounds really nice! Very happy with it! Fit and finish is perfect!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 300km of riding at anywhere from 2000- 7000 ft my carbon fibre can from Carbon Sled Parts world awesome. No burping, backfiring, bogging, codes or other issues whatsoever!

Now the sled is broke in she pulls HARD and it's supposed to be the lightest on the market.

It was really loud through low-mid to WOT while break-in but it's seemed to tone down a bit and is most throaty at WOT. Sounds really nice! Very happy with it! Fit and finish is perfect!

LOL, thats just your hearing loss!

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the carbon can also on my xm 800, i find it louder than my 09 ptec 800. Haven't had any issues yet 460 miles on the xm now

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

That's a great looking improvement.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Sled Shed should hire you. If the Thing looked like that I would have bought one in a heartbeat.

CRASH1000

Reaction score

I would have to say that sales would probably double if they all looked like that. I know that they work well both performance and cooking all the trail snacks. I probably would have bought one but i can't get over the fact that they look like it was made in someones backyard garage.

Top Bottom