Xm can thread

backchannel

Reaction score
Generally, the stinger in the pipe controls backpressure and a sleeve insert to increase it is more consistent than dickin with the muffler.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is mine runs like ch!t with the MBRP @ 2700'. I'm gonna do a few things and try to determine the cause and will report what I find. Could be gas, could be can, could be the engine. I will know in a week.

Last edited:

NMR

Reaction score
I had a MBRP on my 2011 backcountry x, hated it, lost power and bogged down a lot. Switched to an APP can and didn't have any issues. Put an APP can on my 13 summit x soon as I got it in my garage and so far I've put 300km on it, no issues and sounds great.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a MBRP on my 2011 backcountry x, hated it, lost power and bogged down a lot. Switched to an APP can and didn't have any issues. Put an APP can on my 13 summit x soon as I got it in my garage and so far I've put 300km on it, no issues and sounds great.
Does the sensor go into the chamber on the APP or is it off the pipe like the MBRP?
I was looking at the APP as well as the HPS. I'm thinking I may just go ahead with the APP as they are in stock and easier to come by and a little cheaper if this MBRP doesn't work out. I bought the MBRP as the price was right at the time. That may have been a mistake but won't know till I do some more investigating. I just find it really strange some say it works fine and others have major issues.

Champagne powder

Reaction score
500k 2013 xm with mbrp can and can say only issues noticed was a hesitation at 2500-3000ft.
No issues over 3000ft.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

NMR

Reaction score
Sensor goes into the pipe, and the mounting brackets for the APP one is manufactured quite well. Another option depending on where your from is a specialty sleds can, not sure if you can get them online but they do sell them at Grassland Trailer and Skidoo. I put one on the wifes 600 HO summit SP and it is pretty quiet, doesn't lose power and has 4 mounting bracket options on it in case you want to add a couple extra springs, and they do make them for the new XM's

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sensor goes into the pipe, and the mounting brackets for the APP one is manufactured quite well. Another option depending on where your from is a specialty sleds can, not sure if you can get them online but they do sell them at Grassland Trailer and Skidoo. I put one on the wifes 600 HO summit SP and it is pretty quiet, doesn't lose power and has 4 mounting bracket options on it in case you want to add a couple extra springs, and they do make them for the new XM's
I run the jaws can and after the last three days in revy it worked flawlessly !!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cooker can (thing) on the xm. Runs great but on real long pulls at wot my sled losses rpm down to 7400 and even some times stumbles. I assume its the can. Anyone else have this issue. Gonna try the stock one next trip and see if it goes away. Also I rode with another xm and it pulls harder on the hills than mine. He has the stock can on it still

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I put the stock exhaust back on and now it will only rev to 6300rpm and it wouldn't even idle on it's own this morn (-20C) without holding the flipper at about 3000 rpm till it got off warm up mode.
Not sure if it's just the break in thing or if there is seriously something wrong but I guess I have eliminated the MBRP as the issue-for now anyways........

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I put the stock exhaust back on and now it will only rev to 6300rpm and it wouldn't even idle on it's own this morn (-20C) without holding the flipper at about 3000 rpm till it got off warm up mode.
Not sure if it's just the break in thing or if there is seriously something wrong but I guess I have eliminated the MBRP as the issue-for now anyways........

Something definitely wrong. Take it in. Gotta love warranty

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I fired up an Etec first pull -36 last year after it sat outside for 3 days. Idled fine. Temp shouldn't be an issue. However moisture may be. Let it dry out inside for a day or two.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I fired up an Etec first pull -36 last year after it sat outside for 3 days. Idled fine. Temp shouldn't be an issue. However moisture may be. Let it dry out inside for a day or two.

I can't see how it can be moisture. It's got a total of 1.5mi on it and hasn't seen more than 8" of snow. The exhaust temp sensor was soaked in gas when i pulled it out of the mbrp.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is mine runs like ch!t with the MBRP @ 2700'. I'm gonna do a few things and try to determine the cause and will report what I find. Could be gas, could be can, could be the engine. I will know in a week.

good luck man.. I also ram MBRP on my 12 etec last year and it was spot on with no issues installed from day 1.

First ride on xm was all stock,, I installed the THING so lets hope it works for tomoorrow's blower pow day with 150 cenny's last few days

I also duct tapped all the holes closed lol,, I will pick up a pre filter kit soon enough but I think these xm'a are like the rev's and snow goes strait thru to the clucth... I also covered up all the holes cracks where all the mounting hardware is like we did on the revs.... lets hope my clutch is not black after tomora!!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's at the dealer. Looks like a bad PTO side fuel injector. Will know more tomorrow. They are gonna put the MBRP on before it leaves to make sure it's running right.

Last edited:

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cooker can (thing) on the xm. Runs great but on real long pulls at wot my sled losses rpm down to 7400 and even some times stumbles. I assume its the can. Anyone else have this issue. Gonna try the stock one next trip and see if it goes away. Also I rode with another xm and it pulls harder on the hills than mine. He has the stock can on it still

How did you make out???????

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Read through most of this thread. still wondering on the Bikeman preformance powderlite can and Y....any reviews? its either that or the dynoport Y and Can

Top Bottom