Xm can thread

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my hps can from chrisco last night! It looks sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a little fart at around the 5000' mark on the way up.

Oh yeah ? and how about your sled Doug ?

speaking of farts . .I had a major fart of the muff pot variety today .. those muffpot latches don't hold on if you carry your food on your tunnel . I ended up with smashed smokey bites and perogies all inside my CFR bag .. will have to add extra security measures for the muffpot for transit !

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Oh yeah ? and how about your sled Doug ?

speaking of farts . .I had a major fart of the muff pot variety today .. those muffpot latches don't hold on if you carry your food on your tunnel . I ended up with smashed smokey bites and perogies all inside my CFR bag .. will have to add extra security measures for the muffpot for transit !

Sled is awesome. Takes where I am actually shaking my head and saying, "What are dooing here old man?"

Our oldest boy, pancake, had his mother's sled out today and he was totally impressed! He is an an Brohme Ridge rider from away back and thought this sled was just "performance cool"…….

Payam, I put the Muff-Pot in a big zip-lock bag. It isn't so much for the trip up but the dirty stuff on the way down. All the juices after cooking and the sticky sauces make the back pack a real mess. They work great.

No hick-ups above 5000' today……but I did get my purse hooked once in awhile.

:danceMsn:

Champagne powder

Reaction score
The two other xm's one with the thing can and one with stock suitcase had the same burps. Once above 3000' the XM's killed it! Wow very impressed!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was probably burping while passing gravel stones at the bottom of the trail.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think my sled hesitates with the mbrp.......anyone else? very slight delay when smashing the throttle? as compared to stock can....or am i dreaming.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very impressed with my HPS. Not a single bog, burp or fart which was nice when I came up to an unexpected drop in Revy.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very impressed with my HPS. Not a single bog, burp or fart which was nice when I came up to an unexpected drop in Revy.

yup 2 hps cans in my group. starting to see where the extra price is coming from. fit and finish is much better on the hps. the mbrp has the exhuast sensor mounted wayyy out on a narrow pipe but somehow the hps acomplishes this without that. doesnt fit well in the bottom pan. ( hps has a ring to hold it in the belleypan). and she burps and farts a bit. BUUUT my sled feels just ever so slightly faster than the ones with the hps. maybe the 1-2hp claims are true?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with an Absolute Power can, no hesitation or burps and farts. As for power it's the best XM I've ever ridden lol. Oh and it sounds nasty too😜

Thegeneral

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with an Absolute Power can, no hesitation or burps and farts. As for power it's the best XM I've ever ridden lol. Oh and it sounds nasty too

Thegeneral

As in really loud nasty?
APP says "YOU WILL GAIN 1.8hp WITH THIS CAN". Hmmnnnnnnn

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna try the stock muffler first trip. I have had a hesitation/ pop/bog at low altitude the last 2 years. Time to see if its the can or the sled.

Champagne powder

Reaction score
i think my sled hesitates with the mbrp.......anyone else? very slight delay when smashing the throttle? as compared to stock can....or am i dreaming.

Only between 2500-3000. Above 3000 no hesitation. I think I have 200km on the XM MBRP combo. Running like a champ!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Gonna try the stock muffler first trip. I have had a hesitation/ pop/bog at low altitude the last 2 years. Time to see if its the can or the sled.

I would call mine a hesitation. As I'm burping the throttle on the way up the trail and dipping into the snow to keep the sliders lubricated and the engine temps down there is a slight hesitation below 5000'. Nothing to fret about and as I climb higher it definitely is not there.

I won't go back to the suitcase, as the black beauty is already heavy enough when the track is buried 5-6' in the snow and I don't need another 10-15# to deal with.

Besides, mine cooks amazing garlic shrimp!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would call mine a hesitation. As I'm burping the throttle on the way up the trail and dipping into the snow to keep the sliders lubricated and the engine temps down there is a slight hesitation below 5000'. Nothing to fret about and as I climb higher it definitely is not there.

I won't go back to the suitcase, as the black beauty is already heavy enough when the track is buried 5-6' in the snow and I don't need another 10-15# to deal with.

Besides, mine cooks amazing garlic shrimp!

I never had any blips or hesitations on my 2012 freeride etec with the thing, However very rarely after pull starting it sometimes if you hit the throttle all it would do is bog out and not rev up... i'm thinking it was the can, as it never did it with the stock muffler.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never had any blips or hesitations on my 2012 freeride etec with the thing, However very rarely after pull starting it sometimes if you hit the throttle all it would do is bog out and not rev up... i'm thinking it was the can, as it never did it with the stock muffler.

Could be the tps as well. Mine does it all the time when snow is in the throttle. Just bogs out as a safety feature

Top Bottom