WTB Salmon and Halibut Gear

trailrider

Reaction score
:fish2: We have decided to do our own west coast fishing trip this year. So I am looking for a couple rod+ reel combos age does not matter as long as they are in good working order, also looking for large net, gaff , asst. tackle. Thanks for looking Trailrider

trailrider

Reaction score
Where are you going? If you haven't been fishing on the Island, you should check it out. Here's a link to my Dad's lodge in Bamfield....it's incredible out there, more than worth the drive. Bamfield Guided Fishing Trips Vancouver Island Tours BC Salt Water
We are going to Prince Rupert, yes the Island is beutiful the last time we went we were up at Winter Harbour the fishing was fantastic and the drive was unforgetable. We just want to try something different this time and have been told the fishing up north is awsome and we have not been there yet. As we like to try new lakes and locations we will try Rupert this time if we dont catch on our own we will hire a charter. But we will keep your fathers place in mind for next year it looks like a place we would enjoy and the prices are very reasonable. Thank You Trailrider

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a place in Massett. The north coast is the best for huge Springs and top water monster Coho's. Fish salmon up there like anywhere, good sounder/finder, nice down rigger, flasher, hootchie (blood & guts, army truck, pink or flo green, all will work depending on light and timing. The Skeena Coho get to over 20 lbs and the 60-70 lb Springs are nuts. Halibut is nice up there we have a small jigging spot where I got a 160 lber a few years ago(imagine winching up a windsurfer). Don't forget to shoot the big hali's they'll tear the bottom out of your boat! Tight lines

trailrider

Reaction score
I have a place in Massett. The north coast is the best for huge Springs and top water monster Coho's. Fish salmon up there like anywhere, good sounder/finder, nice down rigger, flasher, hootchie (blood & guts, army truck, pink or flo green, all will work depending on light and timing. The Skeena Coho get to over 20 lbs and the 60-70 lb Springs are nuts. Halibut is nice up there we have a small jigging spot where I got a 160 lber a few years ago(imagine winching up a windsurfer). Don't forget to shoot the big hali's they'll tear the bottom out of your boat! Tight lines
Thanks for the info Grizzly Adams ,just wandering if you know where to get good maps of the area also what is the best mapping chip for fishfinder. I have the Lorance HDS 8 on my boat, what depth do you usualy find hali's in the last time we fished in Winter Harbor we were jigging in 285ft so I picked up a couple of hali rods and spooled them with 300yrds of 100lb TUFF line XP me and the wife and kids would love to hook into some big hali's. I was thinking of bringing a 22 for the hali's that is what the guides on the Island use. Any info is greatly appreciated Thank You Trailrider and Family

Top Bottom