Wraps: Tips, Tricks and Pics!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In waiting for snow I can imagine there are a few wraps being installed this time of year! If you've got any tips or tricks for the first timers feel free to post them! What do you guys find best for cleaning agents, installing techniques, ect. Also lets see some pics of your finished installs!

Doosh01

Reaction score
I ordered my wrap from Braap wraps. It came with a kit that included cleaner, application fluid and a couple different shaped squeegees. They all came in handy. Wraps aren't too hard to install. The only real tips i have are heat is your friend, and take your time. Make sure your panels are warm before applying a piece, and use the heat gun to make sure it takes good. And if you feel yourself getting frustrated (like i did a couple times) take a break. I did mine over the course of a couple days because it became tedious and frustrating on certain parts. sled.jpg

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I ordered my wrap from Braap wraps. It came with a kit that included cleaner, application fluid and a couple different shaped squeegees. They all came in handy. Wraps aren't too hard to install. The only real tips i have are heat is your friend, and take your time. Make sure your panels are warm before applying a piece, and use the heat gun to make sure it takes good. And if you feel yourself getting frustrated (like i did a couple times) take a break. I did mine over the course of a couple days because it became tedious and frustrating on certain parts.View attachment 199471
Still one of my all time favorite wraps!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As some said, heat is your friend. A heat gun is good for final removal of water and a good preheat but crank the heat in the garage the night before starting so all of the aluminum and thicker plastic panels get warm and heat soaked through. This makes things go much quicker as there is less heat gun work. Be careful with heat gun as you can over cook the glue or warp the vinyl. I usually leave the heat cranked in the shop for 24hrs and do another heat gon and squeegee run the following night. With lots of applicator fluid you cant really screw it up. It gives you plenty of time for adjustments if needed.

I have done 5 wraps in the last 6-7 years and really noticed that the vinyl is becoming much more user friendly. The newer sleds are much easier to do as well as there aren't many large curved surfaces. I really liked the product that HTR Designs uses and would recommend them 100%. They are local canadian boys out of Castlegar BC. Cheers.

1968chevy

Reaction score
Do any of you know if I install a wrap if it will help with keeping the snow build up off the tunnel on my 2012 Proclimb? It's polished and Looks Awesome :cool: but the snow really sticks to it and ices up badly.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact it does. But the thing that makes the most difference is running boards. Take the 500 for a wrap and spend it on running boards so much more grip. And pretty easy to install.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got the wrap on! It was much easier than I expected, although it took much longer! We just used heat and Goof off to take off the old stickers then cleaned everything with water and isopropyl. Not the greatest pictures but here it is!
IMG_3022.jpg
IMG_3023.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw on Facebook that SCS is gonna do a live podcast of doing their wrap on the new G4's. They said the G4 presents some tricky install procedures so they are gonna give guys some tips to show them how to get around them. Not sure how to get it from Facebook to here so maybe someone more tecky can do it for the G4 owners?

Top Bottom