Wouxun KG-UVD1P Programming

L8rGator

Reaction score
I purchased 2 Wouxun radios from Fleetwood Digital a couple of weeks ago. Guys were great to deal with.
Here are the issues:

1. I know nothing about radios or programming them!
2. I used a file for programming the radio from the Beofung post which was a great list of channels/frequencies. Thank you.
3. Uploaded the file to radios using CHIRP
4. Looked like it was all programmed and I was good to go.
5. Everytime I push the PTT button to communicate between the radios all i get is a beep as if the channel is busy.

Does anyone have instructions or another file that will work for the radio. Any help is appreciated. Been doing research on offsets, repeaters, TX & RX frequencies, etc....
but can't put all the info together to figure out what I need to do.

Used wouxun's programming software with the frequencies & channels from the file I got and tried to upload. Keeps telling me ch 1 is out of range.

I am completely lost.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of range could mean the channel is on a frequency your radio doesn't support.

I would suggest doing a factory reset on the radio. You should be able to talk and use basic programming. Then you can start adding in programming features, the ones you have been researching. You'll learn more by doing this as you get step by step feedback on what it takes to make the radios talk to each other, and what can break comms.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased 2 Wouxun radios from Fleetwood Digital a couple of weeks ago. Guys were great to deal with.
Here are the issues:

1. I know nothing about radios or programming them!
2. I used a file for programming the radio from the Beofung post which was a great list of channels/frequencies. Thank you.
3. Uploaded the file to radios using CHIRP
4. Looked like it was all programmed and I was good to go.
5. Everytime I push the PTT button to communicate between the radios all i get is a beep as if the channel is busy.

Does anyone have instructions or another file that will work for the radio. Any help is appreciated. Been doing research on offsets, repeaters, TX & RX frequencies, etc....
but can't put all the info together to figure out what I need to do.

Used wouxun's programming software with the frequencies & channels from the file I got and tried to upload. Keeps telling me ch 1 is out of range.

I am completely lost.

That why I send mine out all programed up. There is tons to know about offsets, CTCSS, tone mode, simplex , duplex etc.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those tones are different for every area, travel 20k and you need a different tone to access that repeater.

L8rGator

Reaction score
The previous reply was helpful. Thank you. I saw my transmit frequencies were above the radios limit and i fixed that. Now when i try to transmit every channel is busy. Tried all the FRS channels. I dont give up that easily but any help is appreciated

Top Bottom