Would You Snowcheck a Cat?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it’s Not! Please show proof of this gossip!

Yes it is, about $2k more, actually $1,796 more.

Skidoo is an SP because website doesn't show the Summit X available with the 165 and the 850N/A.

Screenshot (125).jpg

Screenshot (126).png

Screenshot (127).png

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is, about $2k more, actually $1,796 more.

Skidoo is an SP because website doesn't show the Summit X available with the 165 and the 850N/A.

View attachment 231410

View attachment 231411

View attachment 231412
Not really comparing apples to apples here.

Suspension on the x is not on par with what comes on the alphas.

Definitely not an sp.

The freeride has shot, so take $800 off the price.

Biggest deal breaker for me is the 1 year warranty.
f99676cbdbb94f3dceff28b0b4efe2f0.jpg
d062c08161509a11b2bf08f6857cb75a.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if ill buy a cat again, been on cat for the last 10 years, have had 6 different ones, never had a major issue, never got stranded on one and really like the sleds but the companys future just isnt there IMO. After my wrist and knee surgeries im not sure what ill end up on, leaning towards an 850 khaos. Dont have the appetite to eat all the crow id have to to ride a doo lol. I have over a year to decide

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In light of Cats pre release, I’d like to bring this thread back into conversation. I’d sure like to upgrade for next season and even with all of Cats shortcomings, a large part of me wants to stay brand loyal. Cats are all I’ve ever had to be honest they’ve treated me really well. And again, even with their shortcomings I’d buy another. But will Arctic Cat even be around much longer? I sure don’t want to be in a position of owning a new or next to new sled from a company that no longer exists. Like who the hell would buy it? How long can Textron hang on to a sinking ship?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I didn’t want a factory turbo I would order a cat. I had a 19 alpha and it was a wicked sled. Super reliable and hard to beat by any other n/a sled. 2020s were better than 19s for performance. I’m sure the brand new ones will be even better

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If nothing else, I predict the price you can get by parting out a Cat will raise quite a bit if Cat no longer exists as a company.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My last new sled was a 2020. If you guys remember, that was the last year of no confusion and poor parts availability.
I haven't even looked at ordering a new anything due to the supply chain, the change in warranty, the high cost, and the anticipated arrival of a new order.

Saying that, AC has had a great motor for years but there is more to a sled than the motor. Every OEM has had problems with delivery and parts but from what I have read, AC seems to be at the bottom of the pile. Not a lot of anticipation of things changing for any of the 2023 sleds. Allocations are way down, warranty is still terrible, prices are ridiculous, and it appears that the availability of parts has not changed (case in point the fuel pump replacement on the Polaris's).

We are in a world of hurt and decisions are tough.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In light of Cats pre release, I’d like to bring this thread back into conversation. I’d sure like to upgrade for next season and even with all of Cats shortcomings, a large part of me wants to stay brand loyal. Cats are all I’ve ever had to be honest they’ve treated me really well. And again, even with their shortcomings I’d buy another. But will Arctic Cat even be around much longer? I sure don’t want to be in a position of owning a new or next to new sled from a company that no longer exists. Like who the hell would buy it? How long can Textron hang on to a sinking ship?
Lots of their 22 sleds are hitting the dealer floors now, might be able to get a not bad deal on one so the dealer doesn't have to sit on them all summer. But I would be negotiating when the warranty period starts.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my Alpha but it's definitely been my least reliable sled. In under 4000km I've had warranty claims for: a motor, two primary clutches, a steering post, front skid arm, rear skid lower scissor arm & a t-stat. They have not changed enough on the sled since the 2019's to justify their pricing being right there or exceeding Doo and Poo. The chassis is old but still works very well and IMO they need an updated power plant (850 or 900 or factory boost) more than a new chassis in order to regain some market share. They also need to offer better boards and a twin rail option with a 3.5" pitch track. I would not still be on a Cat if I didn't have a tremendous local dealer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends 22 Cat blew its engine yesterday. He gets a new Cat every year and they are aĺways blowing up.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would snowcheck another Cat, if I were in the market. I’d also consider a Polaris. I rode Ski-doo for 12 years, and although they are also a good sled, they just don’t “doo” it for me anymore, I’m more comfortable on the Polaris or Cat chassis.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New cat are they still in business. Lol. They don't seem like they want my money, they make it hard to buy one .

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2019 Alpha has been pretty good. 7000km and haven't touched the motor. Not even reeds. A few clutches warrantied though. Track is still pretty good as well. You guys like to pick on them but this thing performs.

I can't say enough about how well Ralph's has treated me. I'd get another if the price was right and I was confident Cat is in it for the foreseeable future.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes 3 day down time is good but the real question is how far did the 1st motor last and how long will the 2nd last ?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does cat only have 1 year warrenty? Thats a joke on a 22000 otd price on a sled ch!t even doo is offering 2 years on there new 180hp turbo r motor. Cat makes good sleds but fewer and fewer cat dealers everyyear and on the mountain all a guy sees is doo and poo 10-1

Top Bottom