Would You Fix It?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poor quality diesel seems to be the new normal now, I know 3 instances in the past month related to low quality fuel, different stations, areas and vehicles.

I am a believer in additives. Turned them all around in short order.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford the down time why not remove injectors and see what is serviceable or rebuild able? Just thinking there is only another 100k left in the truck.

Maybe on the body, it's not uncommon to hear of guys getting a million miles out of their Dirtymax's. All depending on how it was cared for of coarse.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation with my 2011 Sierra 3500. It runs perfectly at 265k but l don't like the rust spots appearing. Even though l have a new box to swap on it will still be $10k+ to make it look acceptable. Rust is like cancer it will come back. A new Alumiduty is probably the way to go but $$$$

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe diesel additives work in some injectors, but the LB7 Duramax is a special case, there is no saving these injectors once they are worn. With these engines its a matter of when the injectors fail, not a matter of if they will fail. They were simply a poor design from Bosch, ball/seat erosion is a major issue causing the injector to leak. The other issue cracked injector bodies, some bodies eventually crack under the fuel pressure and vibration and leak fuel into the crankcase. GM even extended the warranty on the injectors to 7 years 200,000 miles.

Unfortunately though the Bosch remans are still the best replacement option, most mechanics will tell you the same, aftermarket injectors can be a real crap shoot. The Bosch injectors were supposed to have been updated by the end of 2009, so all remans sold now should have the updated parts for longer longevity.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poor quality diesel seems to be the new normal now, I know 3 instances in the past month related to low quality fuel, different stations, areas and vehicles.

I am a believer in additives. Turned them all around in short order.

Big reason why I get all my fuel at the same place, if there is a problem you know 100% where it's from and who to get to pay for it.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crew cab?
what color?
post some pics

Top Bottom