Would be Funny if Biden shuts down Line 5

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If things are returning to normal in Alberta why are over 50% of the license plates in BC Alberta workers?
Hmm I've been in Victoria for two weeks visiting family. Driving and biking every day haven't seen too many Red Plates at all. Also friends and family in the trades that live here say its slowing down. Unless Trudeau let a bunch more Hong Kong money immigrate could go down the crapper since they are shutting down the money laundering.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when oil hit $50/barrel in the early 2000's. Fireworks were going off and people were dancing in the streets. Back then the major driver was the fallout of 9/11. Yes oil is in the mid 70's, but there is no party in the streets. Calgary, red deer, Nisku and GP are still very slow. Empty buildings, empty offices, empty shops. Pipelines are full, refineries are at capacity. Because of our own technology like fracing we have turned 10 wells in to 1. What used to take 90 days to drill a well is now done in 15 to 20. I honestly do think we will see $100/barrel oil somewhere around the new year but the oil patch will have a very different face to it. To the fellow bragging about clearing $250k this year, remember it's not worth what 125k was in the last boom.
I agree with you to some degree on our fracking technology. But I still subscribe to T Boone Pickens Jr's oil pricing philosophy "The best solution for low oil prices, Is low oil prices". No offence, but when my decision is between T Boone Pickens Jr or S.W.A.T., I'll be hanging on to my Ensign stock.
P.S. I do hope your prediction is right about the $100 oil. If that comes to pass HANG ON TO YOUR HATS BOYS.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's already picking up out there, it seems Q3 budgets have greatly increased over Q2. I'm not expecting development in Alberta to go nuts just yet though, there's still some well deserved skepticism surrounding the completion of TMX. For the time being I think BC will see proportionally more development than Alberta, Coastal Gaslink needs a pile of gas to fill it, the figure I keep hearing is around 600 new holes need to be punched.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when oil hit $50/barrel in the early 2000's. Fireworks were going off and people were dancing in the streets. Back then the major driver was the fallout of 9/11. Yes oil is in the mid 70's, but there is no party in the streets. Calgary, red deer, Nisku and GP are still very slow. Empty buildings, empty offices, empty shops. Pipelines are full, refineries are at capacity. Because of our own technology like fracing we have turned 10 wells in to 1. What used to take 90 days to drill a well is now done in 15 to 20. I honestly do think we will see $100/barrel oil somewhere around the new year but the oil patch will have a very different face to it. To the fellow bragging about clearing $250k this year, remember it's not worth what 125k was in the last boom.
I dont know what ur talking about, Were balls to the walls in Red Deer, Calgary, Nisku... ext

Cant get a day off.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's worth about double lol
Duramax 2007 LBZ with cloth 64,000 when lmm came out.
MEgqacab 2012, 62,000 with leather. From my experience Ive been paying less for new trucks over the years. Ya houses doubled, but so has my investements, same same. rich get richer poor get poorer.
Hopefully kids realize the true cost of goods/services. Money dont exist, we are slaves someway somehow, and rather choose my forced labour lol jk

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a chance... We have the biggest projects going on in Canada right now so obviously things are not back to the norm in Alberta

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a chance... We have the biggest projects going on in Canada right now so obviously things are not back to the norm in Alberta
things will never get back to "normal",,,,,I pray to God the new "normal" is people living by the golden rule, not the gov rules :(

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's already picking up out there, it seems Q3 budgets have greatly increased over Q2. I'm not expecting development in Alberta to go nuts just yet though, there's still some well deserved skepticism surrounding the completion of TMX. For the time being I think BC will see proportionally more development than Alberta, Coastal Gaslink needs a pile of gas to fill it, the figure I keep hearing is around 600 new holes need to be punched

Might not be the all time busiest its ever been, but there is tons of work to be done.

If you are any good at what you do, you are working.
There is always work to be had especially if your a good person.

My point is most of our oil is sitting, same for gas. We don't consume enough and because of governments we can't get it to water in order to sell it. Oil sands continue to increase production to keep pipelines and refineries at capacity. The first 10 years of gas has for cgl has already been drilled. Much of TMX is also sitting and waiting. I'm not sure what full out looks like but cruising around this spring everything looked more empty than before.
Yes ESI is a good buy but it's price isn't reflected by market. Compare their price of $1.65 ish at $70 oil to what the stock price was the last time oil was $70 back around 2003.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is always work to be had especially if your a good person.

My point is most of our oil is sitting, same for gas. We don't consume enough and because of governments we can't get it to water in order to sell it. Oil sands continue to increase production to keep pipelines and refineries at capacity. The first 10 years of gas has for cgl has already been drilled. Much of TMX is also sitting and waiting. I'm not sure what full out looks like but cruising around this spring everything looked more empty than before.
Yes ESI is a good buy but it's price isn't reflected by market. Compare their price of $1.65 ish at $70 oil to what the stock price was the last time oil was $70 back around 2003.
Its picked up a lot since spring. Maybe the end of the Corona lock down is helping out? Dont know, just a guess.

But for some reason i think lock downs and restrictions can be bad for buisness?

Unless ur in the vaccine buisness and mask sales then maybe its good.

At any rate, things seem to be getting busy again in Alberta, so that is a plus.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two projects. I wouldn't be hanging my hat on those for ever. Don't worry Horgan will probably be going to the Hong Kong trough once the BC economy starts craping the bed again.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two projects. I wouldn't be hanging my hat on those for ever. Don't worry Horgan will probably be going to the Hong Kong trough once the BC economy starts craping the bed again.

4 Projects:

LNG Canada
Site C
TMX
CGL

Is money from Hong Kong worse or the same as money from China? Cuz a sickening portion of Alberta's oil and gas production is owned by the Chinese.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 Projects:

LNG Canada
Site C
TMX
CGL

Is money from Hong Kong worse or the same as money from China? Cuz a sickening portion of Alberta's oil and gas production is owned by the Chinese.
CGL is owned be TC Energy out of Calgary. Crap they are busy, the need more staff here in Calgary to keep up with the work load. TMX although it is owned by you and me that project is being run out of Calgary as well. So we all benefit. There is some Chinese investment here and there in the patch, but it is minimal compared to the impact of Hong Kong investment and Money Laundering in th BC economy.

Top Bottom