Work alone check in

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear your policy’s on work check ins. I am pondering solutions for remote forestry/oil gas very limited service. Small simple push button I’m ok or not kind of thing.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear your policy’s on work check ins. I am pondering solutions for remote forestry/oil gas very limited service. Small simple push button I’m ok or not kind of thing.

No cell service inreach with I'm okay message. Our policy is check in every 2hrs.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same, check-in every 2hrs working alone. We have radio repeaters over most of our areas but when outside of that you must carry and use an InReach. This for forestry in remote areas of BC.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom line in bc forestry, according to the Wcb “act” one must be able to render first aid to a worked in under 10min. (High risk) Hitting the spot button dose nothing. My policy is a buddy system. No worker will be on site without qualified help. Plus a sat phone if needed.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what we use as well. They seem to be pretty reliable

My buddy is the Director or Business Development for Blackline. That unit is rock solid and has ton of functionality, we use them in remote locations and slowly trying to get them everywhere since you can get the unit with a built in 4 head gas monitor.

The fall detection was tested by him putting it in his leathers and we would go race Supermoto to see if it would go off during hard activity or only when a fall happened. He went down hard once and it called his cell to let him know he fell hahaha.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was on call for Finning and they didn't have a check in I would call me wife to let her know if the call out was a crappy one and I wouldn't be home in a few minutes..

Top Bottom