WKM Carbon 950

WKR

Reaction score
Well after a long summer I dexided to pull a few pieces off my sled to do some regular maintanance and it got very carried away! I ended up strippin the sled right down to the very last nut and bolt and began my very own dream sled build. 75 hrs later I have ended up with this...

full carbon fiber chassie with a cutler 950cc big bore, a list of the particulars to follow.

C3 Carbon Fiber tunnel (twill weave)
C3 Carbon fiber hood (repaired old one from last year)
C3 Carbon fiber fuel tank
C3 post forward kit
C3 Belt drive ( updated and reworked from last years version)
Culters performance 950cc Big bore
DC power up kit
light weight brake rotor
SLP powder pros
2.6" 162 powderclaw track with mild porting.
fox evol's
BDX chromoly rear suspension
boss seat ( sorry not in pics, will have it this week)
Cold air intake
oil injection delete with cases ported by linderman
ceramic coated exhaust
hindle carbon fiber can
tapps primary clutch
shock wave secondary adjustable helix
Troy lee custom piston bone wrap
Lolliberry custom color powder coating

Still need to add the koso gauges and led spot lights to the bars, other than that this is how it will show at the sled show.

Here are some facts about the sled and some forground story. I built this sled last year so it is not brand new. Last year it had a 800 with cutler turbo on it, thought I would try a big bore this year, may end up with boost by the end of the season. I really thought I could get this sled down to 375lbs dry. I did not make it, it tipped the scales a 400lbs dry. YES I KNOW I COULD HAVE JUST SPENT 15G AND BOUGHT A STOCK POLORIS THAT WEIGHS 430 DRY! I have nothing against polaris so lets not dwell on this fact. there is another 20lbs of weight that can be taken off at a great cost ( ti bolts full chassie 6lbs, bdx front suspension 4lbs, lighter rear skid 8lbs and no powdercoating or wrap 2lbs) there are a few ways to get the last 5lbs off to hit 375lbs but I have to stop here. The sled is sitting 99.5% finished, so if you notice the left shock is off the sled (good eye) just waiting for new rubber boot to come in before reinstalling a arm and shock. The sled will be 200hp and 400lbs, I think that will be lots of fun. thanks for looking and be nice with comments, cheers!

Attachments

• WKM 950 blet drive.jpg
    WKM 950 blet drive.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 535
  • WKM 950 Front.jpg
    WKM 950 Front.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 530
  • WKM 950 side 1.jpg
    WKM 950 side 1.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 529
  • WKM 950 side 2.jpg
    WKM 950 side 2.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 515
  • WKM 950 Side 3.jpg
    WKM 950 Side 3.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 533
  • WKM 950 suspension.jpg
    WKM 950 suspension.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 526
  • WKM 950 Tapps clutch.jpg
    WKM 950 Tapps clutch.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha.. I'd say that got "very carried away"... Looks like you put a lot of time and effort in.. Hopefully the cutler does the trick for you... Looks great..

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet! Love carbon fibre... is there anything as cool? Well done. True passion machine, now don't go riding to early and pound that pretty thing off a chunk of mountain! Have a great season!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a Cat guy,but that sled could surely change my mind .Great job.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what made you change from the turbo, back to a bigbore? Awesome sled

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, luv them carbon cats, hope to see it in the hills this year

geordiep

Reaction score
Sweet ride. Will it be at your booth for the Edmonton show? This and the BDX Prolite will make for an exciting show.

topsecret

Reaction score
Sweet ride. Will it be at your booth for the Edmonton show? This and the BDX Prolite will make for an exciting show.

His and my sled will be in the WKM booth and I'm sure he will have some other cool stuff as per usual!

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice sled! Not a cat fan but that thing looks awesome! And I bet it'll haul! Not many people have the skills to make a sled that nice.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope Kerry gets some video, they are in valemount right now.

Top Bottom