Window tint

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is there aren't many cops who know their full authority...these guys take a couple week course and hit the road. They are far from lawyers, judges or legislators that's why you have to question them on the tickets they hand out.
I have had many tickets thrown out after going to court because the cop over stepped his boundaries or misinterpreted the actual law. Just because these guys are wearing a badge doesn't make them right.

mxracer14

Reaction score
CamoKVF700 - You're a bit of road lawyer aren't you? the thing you fail to realize is that the cops do not create these laws, so why "argue" the merits of those laws with them.

No wonder they become bitter, dealing with DB's like you who have misdirected anger.

Do you remember legal studies from school? cops enforce the law, legislators create the law. So go send a letter to your MLA and annoy them rather than conjure up your roadside warrior DBaggery!

in the meantime, I seriously hope you endear yourself to that professional cop who, knows his full authorities, towes your damned truck and still has you saying Thankyou!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if I told you, that not all people roll over and get f***ed by law enforcement. We ask questions about the situation, that how we learn and get smarter. It also shows that the authority figures dont all know their chit! They are enforcing the rules, they better have an answer for questions about the rules.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if I told you, that not all people roll over and get f***ed by law enforcement. We ask questions about the situation, that how we learn and get smarter. It also shows that the authority figures dont all know their chit! They are enforcing the rules, they better have an answer for questions about the rules.

I have learned that being polite to a cop will sometimes get you out of a ticket. Being a jerk or questioning their authority will never get you out of one and might even get you more. Ya sure maybe you will win it in court but is it worth your time to go fight it and your stress to deal with it? If you know you did something wrong and you get caught. Be nice, they are doing their job and you never know you may get lucky and be told to have a good day without a ticket. I know I have been let go a few times.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mxracer14

Reaction score
Oh definietly be polite. I Never try to be a jerk, but I will ALWAYS ask questions. And if I have a chance of winning in court, you better believe ill be there defending myself. If I know I was blantantly in the wrong and was caught, I usually try make it out to be a laughable matter (not like an accident or what not of course). And even being caught red handed, there are a few cops I've come across that actually like seeing the civilian asking questions about the offense, one guy said its nice to see me being proactive so theres a chance it wont happen again. But when they come at me power trippin with no answer other than "i dunno its the law" I say thank you and ill see you in court. If I were to hazard a guess at how many court dates I've wont at, its probably around 40% Ive won. Half the time the cop didnt show up to court. Ive been let go on some, got the lowest ticket on others, and no lienency on others. These are just my experiences of course.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At night really nice as well no light glare from tailgaters and high beams or rigid bars.
But have to roll the damn windows down to back up lol

i can buy that one if you don't have auto tinting mirrors.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tint your windows you'll realize what your missing
Just sayin makes a huge difference notice it when driving the wife's 2013 edge over my pickup 2011 f150 both auto tinting mirrors way less glare with the pickup

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
You weren't asking one simple question, you were perpetuating a BS idea that every cop deserved to be given a hard time for every ticket they hand out.

So again I come back to who created the law and I add, the research and data that goes behind it. Go be a DB to your MLA not the cop. And if you are the supposed "good citizen" you say your are, then at least have the gumption to not push others to be DB.

Being the son/daughter of a 20 year veteran cop does not qualify you for anything except opinion, and we all know what is said about opinion and who qualifies. All you need is AH, and everyone has one!

and yes, you are deserved of being labelled a DB in an open forum, in public and where ever else you stand because you are obviously not willing to stand with our law enforcement professionals.

And you call yourself the offspring of a cop!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tint your windows you'll realize what your missing
Just sayin makes a huge difference notice it when driving the wife's 2013 edge over my pickup 2011 f150 both auto tinting mirrors way less glare with the pickup

Or it could be because your f150 mirrors sit a foot and a half higher than the edge. Why not be honest and say the reason I tinted my windows is because I think it looks cool and I like people not being able to see me but I can see them.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retracted...

I just don't feel like arguing with anyone on the Internet. Life is too short. I come here for fun. I'll just keep it that way.

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about you STFU AH, before you show your how accessible your supreme DB intelligence is to the rest of the world. After all, this is the Internet where whatever you say must be true.

Wow, such an intelligent post.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I tint them because I love how it looks. I know it's illegal.. And I know why.... Do I complain about tickets? No. If I get one... I had it coming breaking the law.

Tuffmudder

Reaction score

What if I told you I agree!

You have a responsibility to ask questions, learn and understand the situation. You also have the right to seek full disclosure of the allegation being put forward. However that happens at a court house not on the side of the road.

So what questions, in your mind should a cop be able to answer?

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
I tint them because I love how it looks. I know it's illegal.. And I know why.... Do I complain about tickets? No. If I get one... I had it coming breaking the law.

I totally respect that you understand your own consequences. Just remember that the cops have several options (in Alberta):

- s.72(3) VER - $57
- s.165(1)(d) TSA - $115
- Traffic Violation Notice - This directs you to take the tint off and produce the vehicle for inspection.
- Fail to comply with TVN $172
- impeded safety feature provides grounds to tow vehicle and hold until safety feature is restored ie. tint is removed. Yes, you get tow charges and holding fees.

Nine times out ten, you will probably get the $57 ticket. Prove to be a repeat customer then you just might get a combination of the rest.

these violations don't require "intent" like criminal offenses, if it (speed, seatbelt, tint) happen and you get caught then your probably getting a ticket.

I took my tint off and did the research. everything here is sourced from the legislation.

so how many tint tickets have you had?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I totally respect that you understand your own consequences. Just remember that the cops have several options (in Alberta):

- s.72(3) VER - $57
- s.165(1)(d) TSA - $115
- Traffic Violation Notice - This directs you to take the tint off and produce the vehicle for inspection.
- Fail to comply with TVN $172
- impeded safety feature provides grounds to tow vehicle and hold until safety feature is restored ie. tint is removed. Yes, you get tow charges and holding fees.

Nine times out ten, you will probably get the $57 ticket. Prove to be a repeat customer then you just might get a combination of the rest.

these violations don't require "intent" like criminal offenses, if it (speed, seatbelt, tint) happen and you get caught then your probably getting a ticket.

I took my tint off and did the research. everything here is sourced from the legislation.

so how many tint tickets have you had?

Three before I got the "order to have work". Took it off half way through last summer... going back in to get tinted on friday. I dont argue... They give you a ticket they give you a ticket. You can bitch until you turn blue but everywhere that will do it for you will straight up tell you its illegal... So you cant play that "I didnt know" card. You wanted your windows blacked out... expect to be hassled! Its never a good idea to have extra things on your vehicle for them to use an an excuse to pull you over.. or an excuse to teach you a lesson when you are getting chit for something else.. but its a choice I made, And Ill deal with it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camo.....I agree with you 100%....In the future if you get pulled over for tint again ask them this.

Rcmp represents all of Canada right? Then answer me this officer why is legal in provinces Manitoba east to the ocean? Is it because western provinces have bad glass or is it due to the fact we think we are in the wrong all the time? Now officer I understand your point about aftermarket tint keeping the tempered glass from shattering and staying together. But do you know of anyone killed by a large shard of glass? Or you just stating a point? If I'm getting T-Boned by a vehicle that is travelling at a dangerously high speed I dont think the window that is tinted is going to kill me. I'll be dead before the glass hits me.

Fun fact here is last year the USA past a bill making it legal for all Class 1 drivers to tint the front two windows. Due to the amount of truck drivers getting skin cancer on their left side of their body.

Side window tint is illegal in all provinces,
Skin cancer on the left side of their bodies!! Where did you hear that??? Uv rays will not go through glass, that's why the auto darkening eyeglasses do work very well in a vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That car that newf posted looks familiar, I watched a vid of one in mcmurray doing a burnout and loosing control and hitting a concrete wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom