Window tint

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Sure hope I don't side swipe that thing when I come in to your work to talk about a snow check. ;)

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

I don't drive it to work.. Sideswipe my truck please. Lol

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If your gonna go, Go all out like I did. Black out your headlights tail lights, all your marker lights and limo tint EVERYTHING! sure I get pulled over four times a week.... but It sure stays cool in the summer.

View attachment 169287

Kids!!!!!!!

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
We had dark tint on drivers and passengers window of Wifeys car, looked really nice but couldn't back up at night, couldn't see a thing.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

Window tint will not help you see after 14 rums

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mind guys with window tint, saves me having to see the white oakelys.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a ticket for tinted windows and a full safety inspection notice on my truck...I asked the cop why a full safety inspection? his exact words were "Cause I Can" ...what a joke....cant fight the inspection here in BC but I did go talk to a higher up.....inspection dropped.....so the way I said to the higher up was "if the law says its 109 bucks for tinted windows and 100 plus for inspection why is it costing me over 200 bucks for something that the law says should only cost me 109 buck?" I asked the Sargent why this cop was such an a$$ hole......his words were "I know the guy and he is not from this detachment but highway patrol......they are bread to be a$$ holes" now Im blind as a bat from the sun and bright lights......never in my life have I had so many close calls from accidents in the last month since I removed my tint......Im looking into doing my window with the electro film that I can change from dark to light with a switch..... when the power is off like when you shut the truck off,it goes solid......when driving I can set it to how dark I want......when I see a cop I just flick the switch to clear........

Wow I bet that is going to be expensive!!! Lol.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Had a discussion with an officer many years ago about window tint. He showed me in his little handbook what the law states. It said that anything applied from the driver forward is illegal. That includes any type of film and having the windows dipped. Any factory tinted glass was legal. Asked why and his explanation was simply, we can't see in the vehicle when we approach it. Don't know if the driver could be holding a gun on the other side. More of a safety feature for them I guess.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
But the guy in the back seat could have 6 guns which makes no sense.
Had a discussion with an officer many years ago about window tint. He showed me in his little handbook what the law states. It said that anything applied from the driver forward is illegal. That includes any type of film and having the windows dipped. Any factory tinted glass was legal. Asked why and his explanation was simply, we can't see in the vehicle when we approach it. Don't know if the driver could be holding a gun on the other side. More of a safety feature for them I guess.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
But the guy in the back seat could have 6 guns which makes no sense.

Very true, that was 20+ years ago though when all the drive by shootings in the states started, so that was their excuse at the time. Only reason I quizzed him on it was with regards to having mirrored tint on the back window. That was legal despite what people said. Essentially most cops don't know the law. They just make up excuses as to why they are enforcing it.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think the no tint law is there so drivers can see each other, make eye contact at intersections etc. I always try to see what the duffas behind the wheel racing up to a stop sign or sitting at an intersection or passing is doing if the guy is eating a burger phone up to his head etc I am more cautious. Other side why do people put tint on? I've never really thought it looked cool kind of seems greasy to me.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I would think the no tint law is there so drivers can see each other, make eye contact at intersections etc. I always try to see what the duffas behind the wheel racing up to a stop sign or sitting at an intersection or passing is doing if the guy is eating a burger phone up to his head etc I am more cautious. Other side why do people put tint on? I've never really thought it looked cool kind of seems greasy to me.

If you spend all day every day in that seat tinted windows are kinda nice.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At night really nice as well no light glare from tailgaters and high beams or rigid bars.
But have to roll the damn windows down to back up lol

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
CamoKVF700 - You're a bit of road lawyer aren't you? the thing you fail to realize is that the cops do not create these laws, so why "argue" the merits of those laws with them.

No wonder they become bitter, dealing with DB's like you who have misdirected anger.

Do you remember legal studies from school? cops enforce the law, legislators create the law. So go send a letter to your MLA and annoy them rather than conjure up your roadside warrior DBaggery!

in the meantime, I seriously hope you endear yourself to that professional cop who, knows his full authorities, towes your damned truck and still has you saying Thankyou!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really. It's a simple question I ask them which they know not the answer. Pretty simple. I never argue the ticket or say I shouldn't get one. I take the ticket. Why would I ever say thanks?

BTW, my dad is a retired cop and he told me over 20 years ago it is not for the reasons they tell you but is a ticketable offense.

So this is a good enough reason to call me a douchebag on an open forum? Because I ask one simple question which gets them chewing on their tongues? I don't argue. I don't raise a fuss. I take the ticket.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

Top Bottom