Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These young guys all run the short risers now. I ride with at least three young fellers that are all 6’3” or taller. Tall lanky guys that ride like I used to. All short risers and no mountain straps.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wanna tell him where to set the power seats in his truck while you’re at it?
Oh… and the seats in their trucks. I’d phuck’n fall asleep driving. Seat on the floor, all the way back(I’m 6’2” and can’t even reach the pedals) and the seat back in the reclined position?! Kids these days.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing like comparing apples to oranges 😂
The used sled I bought a few years ago had a handle bar height that was 2-3 inches lower than what I was used to. I was going to get a riser but I thought I’d give it a go as is. I’m old but pretty adventurous and always looking for ways to get better at riding…the lower bar height has helped me step up my game in the technical riding. I didn’t even know until recently that lower bar height was a thing that was becoming more popular to improve technical riding. I just stumbled upon it by accident, more or less.

Now when I get on some of my friends sleds with the higher bar height…I’m like WTF…how do you ride like this.

Definitely each to their own…all I know is I like it a lot.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting a Rox adjustable riser, a little shorter than the stock riser and adjustable to taller than stock. It works great

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The used sled I bought a few years ago had a handle bar height that was 2-3 inches lower than what I was used to. I was going to get a riser but I thought I’d give it a go as is. I’m old but pretty adventurous and always looking for ways to get better at riding…the lower bar height has helped me step up my game in the technical riding. I didn’t even know until recently that lower bar height was a thing that was becoming more popular to improve technical riding. I just stumbled upon it by accident, more or less.

Now when I get on some of my friends sleds with the higher bar height…I’m like WTF…how do you ride like this.

Definitely each to their own…all I know is I like it a lot.
Yup, shorter bar risers equal less chance of contact with trees when side hilling through them. Also when you get into a sky wheelie(especially with these short tunnels), you can get your body closer to the console of the machine!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a 10” - 8” and now I’m down to a 6” riser. Might try a 4” eventually.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im the same. I need tall riser at 6’4. I can’t stand trying to ride a sled with short riser. Logically I don’t understand why everyone says short risers are needed for technical riding? You have less leverage trying to hold the sled tipped on edge. I dunno, I get all the pro’s say it, it just doesn’t make sense to me.
If you're holding your sled on edge with the bars you're working way too hard. By any chance do you consider wrong foot forward a nonsense pro idea as well?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're holding your sled on edge with the bars you're working way too hard. By any chance do you consider wrong foot forward a nonsense pro idea as well?
I never said it was non sense, just doesn’t make sense the way Im thinking About it l guess. I do use wrong foot forward, and I dont have to force the sled on edge. I can generally stop in a sidehill and keep the sled balanced on its own.

mikermz250

Reaction score
Anybody remember how many days it took their snowcheck to ship from factory to Edmonton?

powpounder

Reaction score
Mine left December 23 and arrived in red deer late afternoon on December 29. Kinda gives you an idea. That’s with Xmas in there to so maybe sooner now.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the riser topic, I have always rode with taller bars/risers installed on my sleds. I am 6’1” tall.
I recently rented a 2022 summit x turbo with stock bar height. I understand they come in various heights, but anyway no riser.
It did feel a bit low at first. After a bout an hour. I did not notice it at all. The only thing I did was tilt them forward a bit. And I have not been on a doo chassis since the rev. Just my 2 cents.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many are still waiting for their snowcheck? Feel like the only one. :(
Putting so many k on current sled that I'm doubting its reliability as a backup.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy supposed to be picking his Freeride Turbo up tomorrow from Turple's. He is the last of our group. 2 more are waiting for turbos from Basecamp. Basecamp has gone radio silent, and providing no updates. 2 unhappy customers. Turple's, has been very good about trying to be a little compassionate and communicating. For what it's worth.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy supposed to be picking his Freeride Turbo up tomorrow from Turple's. He is the last of our group. 2 more are waiting for turbos from Basecamp. Basecamp has gone radio silent, and providing no updates. 2 unhappy customers. Turple's, has been very good about trying to be a little compassionate and communicating. For what it's worth.
Is that Freeride a 154? We are waiting for 1 and it does not arrive before end of January then we will let it go to someone else

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Troy at Turple brothers is by far their greatest asset in that dealership. Will tell you the good, bad and the indifferent! Great guy to deal with!

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have given up on my turbo x also
moving my deposit onto next years springcheck
let me know if anyone is interested in a 165 x turbo in the all black

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have given up on my turbo x also
moving my deposit onto next years springcheck
let me know if anyone is interested in a 165 x turbo in the all black
I ordered the exact same. Have not seen one on the snow yet. Unfortunate to hear you haven’t received yours, but good to know it’s not just me.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered the exact same. Have not seen one on the snow yet. Unfortunate to hear you haven’t received yours, but good to know it’s not just me.
Was in early September, took till November first to get the guage.
Serial#004 in the tanb config.
IMG_20211211_145130982.jpg

Top Bottom