Will broken reeds make an etec bog?

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 800 Summit etec. 1950 kms. Took it in to have top end redone (recall on pistons) and they discovered broken reeds. All covered by warranty.
I was having bogging problems earlier in the season and I thought it was bad fuel - problem almost disappeared when I drained and refilled fuel with part racing fuel.

Thanks

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a sled with broken reeds before and it would bog so bad it was difficult to get into the rpms. The etec has hesitation issues if not clutched properly that are more of a stumble then a real bog.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
broken reeds will give a pore idle and ussally a bigger bog or hessitaion, and clean up on wot, i lost a few sets on the tetec, and those were the symtoms

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the reeds in my 2011 etec . Had a bad bog and couldn't get rpm to come above 5000 I installed vforce reeds a couple weeks prior and it ate one of the carbon fiber fins

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got my sled apart and I would say my bogging issues is due to the reeds being completely toast. Two holes and several cracks and several tips are broke. Guess I'm gonna up grade to some rage cage action !

Sent from my iPhone using

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did any of you get a check engine light with your broken reeds? Trying to narrow a similar issue. My dimmer switch is toast so thinking it might be under volting the injectors. If not will have to look into the reeds.

Top Bottom