Trailtech or cell phone ready.

Attachments

• 20221228_123450.jpg
    20221228_123450.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 195

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many on here besides norona actually have the big gauge? Why the whining?

Forget the navigation, The gauge options are far superior to the old two button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Forget the navigation, The gauge options are far superior to the old two button.

Exactly Matt. When guys snow checked they had a choice to spend the extra money or not. Those that did get a better gauge that has its own risks if you crash. Those that don’t have less gauge but less risk. I wonder what the small gauge costs? Probably to much as well. Everything is to expensive these days. I think some is supply and demand and some is the manufacturers feeling out what people will pay to have new tech. The manufacturer makes a profit on every nut, bolt and piece on their product.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most couldn’t even order the gauge as such limited supply .
Has anyone checked the availability of this gauge through parts ?
Will the machine even operate without issue if gauge is smashed ?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have

I have it. Brother does too

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What options does the big screen have that the small 2 button doesn’t? Im not a tech type guy, so I don’t even really do anything with the current 2 button, other than watch temps, fuel, track speed and RPM.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What options does the big screen have that the small 2 button doesn’t? Im not a tech type guy, so I don’t even really do anything with the current 2 button, other than watch temps, fuel, track speed and RPM.

You can display more info at once, and change between voltage, belt temp, elevation and engine temp very quickly. Way easier to navigate.
Easier and quicker to change the heat ratio between the thumb and hand warmers.
The backlight is automatic, so it will change its display on its own. There are other things like it will control my playlist if I had speakers in my helmet.
I feel the navigation will get better as well. There was a go app update which made it easier to download maps for no service, but no map layers yet compared to the Polaris app.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can display more info at once, and change between voltage, belt temp, elevation and engine temp very quickly. Way easier to navigate.
Easier and quicker to change the heat ratio between the thumb and hand warmers.
The backlight is automatic, so it will change its display on its own. There are other things like it will control my playlist if I had speakers in my helmet.
I feel the navigation will get better as well. There was a go app update which made it easier to download maps for no service, but no map layers yet compared to the Polaris app.

Sooooo, really nothing other than way bigger and nicer. Don’t get me wrong, I too like shinny things. But not when they don’t really serv a purpose. I’m sure the way my eyesight is going, I will need a gauge that size soon enough.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, really nothing other than way bigger and nicer. Don’t get me wrong, I too like shinny things. But not when they don’t really serv a purpose. I’m sure the way my eyesight is going, I will need a gauge that size soon enough.

Not really.
I had a two button, and you could not have three gauges or displays on The dash at once, only two, the bigger gauge is more functional but IMO over priced, the turbo replacement is 2500 bucks lol. I was surprised the two button gauge is over 600 bucks to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really.
I had a two button, and you could not have three gauges or displays on The dash at once, only two, the bigger gauge is more functional but IMO over priced, the turbo replacement is 2500 bucks lol. I was surprised the two button gauge is over 600 bucks to replace.

$600 for two button . That’s not that bad when you consider the old xp/xm gauges were that or more weren’t they ?
Did you find out if machine is usable with big gauge being damaged ?

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$600 for two button . That’s not that bad when you consider the old xp/xm gauges were that or more weren’t they ?
I had a 2 button gauge replaced under warranty for you could see water in gauge, dealer told me that can shut you down for it's part of your electronics to complete the circuit. So I would say your sled will not run with damaged gauge or possible limp mode

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not sure about the sled being usable with gauge damaged, but I heard of a few instances where the gauge has shut off on its own when the sled is being ridden, and other than loosing the hand warmers, the sled stayed running.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the sled being usable with gauge damaged, but I heard of a few instances where the gauge has shut off on its own when the sled is being ridden, and other than loosing the hand warmers, the sled stayed running.

I wonder if the two button could be plugged into machine with big screen and still work ?
I have heard you can’t upgrade to big gauge if not ordered with sled but who knows what’s true on that ?
BRP like to sell upgrades and kits after the fact as well so won’t surprise me it it’s not a option later as sully chain issues repair .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the two button could be plugged into machine with big screen and still work ?
I have heard you can’t upgrade to big gauge if not ordered with sled but who knows what’s true on that ?
BRP like to sell upgrades and kits after the fact as well so won’t surprise me it it’s not a option later as sully chain issues repair .

Completely different wiring harness for the two sleds. Gauges are not interchangeable. Verified by BRP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard these gauges ate pretty tough, totally crushed the top of the hood and dash when another sled landed on top of it. Gauge still worked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom