Who's going to be the first?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price isn't really out of line compared to other products when you consider what you're getting. A custom made, relatively low production display running proprietary software and designed to function in extreme environments. We are just not used to that sort of cost for this application and something that is at a such high risk of damage. Is it really necessary?
In my line of work, we used to use Allen Bradley UI's. Yes, industrial controls, but a ~12" display with the resolution and computing power reminiscent the 90's still costs $10k+. Customers complained, so we switched to Dell rugged extreme tablets and they still run around the $4k mark.
Ya but Rockwell knows how to rip off the industrial consumer lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seadoo does it too. They have this stupid little stereo for 900$ that looks like it belongs on the unit and is water proof.

Dont they know can get 40 year old cerwin vegas for like 100$ and just wrap them in plastic.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seadoo does it too. They have this stupid little stereo for 900$ that looks like it belongs on the unit and is water proof.

Dont they know can get 40 year old cerwin vegas for like 100$ and just wrap them in plastic.
$295 for a jerry can...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The screen is worth $2 dollars

Its the wiring harness that cost $2342 bucks...

Its time too ride our sleds blind...

Who has time too look at screen when We're having a good time crashing into Tree's... lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i guess if a guy doesn’t want to get ripped off by BRP they could buy a cat or Polaris. Well, a picture of a Polaris. :skidoo:

Sounds like a good idea, except theyll still buy the 300$ jerry can for there polaris or cat and then complain about how expensive it is all winter.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy phak what a bunch of negative nancys or “Karen’s” in here

Don’t like the gauge or price don’t buy it I’m sure there’s lots that are enjoying it and it will only get better year after year.

This isn’t an 60” LG produced a million at a time. Like mentioned extreme weather products come with a big cost. I pay 10k for our field controllers which are nothing more than a glorified iPad but they work. Is BRP making money on jt? Obviously you dummies lmao wow!! Unbelievable

Did you get rocks in your stockings or what’s your problem lmfao!

Enjoy your sh**ty sleds and sh.*try gauges whatever floats your boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy phak what a bunch of negative nancys or “Karen’s” in here

Don’t like the gauge or price don’t buy it I’m sure there’s lots that are enjoying it and it will only get better year after year.

This isn’t an 60” LG produced a million at a time. Like mentioned extreme weather products come with a big cost. I pay 10k for our field controllers which are nothing more than a glorified iPad but they work. Is BRP making money on jt? Obviously you dummies lmao wow!! Unbelievable

Did you get rocks in your stockings or what’s your problem lmfao!

Enjoy your sh**ty sleds and sh.*try gauges whatever floats your boat

Real question is, could you see the gauge on your sled at all today?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ever tried those things? They actually work awesome even in the cold sledding some guys linq they to their tunnels

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention the Polaris gauge.

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 7.26.20 PM.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever tried those things? They actually work awesome even in the cold sledding some guys linq they to their tunnels

Yeah they look good on the spark, and they sound pretty good. Thats why ill kick out the 900$ instead of some 40$ ch!t from walmart.

Brp makes a wicked product and they can charge out the ass and people will pay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom