Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    541.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s insane, that screen is probably marked up 1000%. Simple led screen with Bluetooth lol, next to no real tech in it. I just bought a 4K 70” lg oled for $1000 on sale….. I’m thinking that trail tech gauge is a way better option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This just made me feel warm and fuzzy about not gettin the big
Gauge lol we need a aftermarket company to humble brp on these crazy screen prices

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
TBH, I guess thats the difference between 15,000 screens being made compared to 150,000 tvs being made.
Makes you realize how marked up these machines are, $2500 buys you a top of the line 65" OLED TV, or a new display for your skidoo.
your gonna put a 65 inch screen on your machine, ha ha!!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More then $2500 as wasn’t it $1800 or something like that to get the option in the first place ?
Will machine run without the gauge is the question if it gets smashed or moisture in it ?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a dumb comment. If you have ever been in a manufacturing process you would know the cost of building a single part.

You think this is a specialized 1 off part…. Just like every other skidoo part on a sled.

There is no profit in that business model

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More then $2500 as wasn’t it $1800 or something like that to get the option in the first place ?
Will machine run without the gauge is the question if it gets smashed or moisture in it ?
I was told 1000 more. Not worth it in my opinion but mostly cause you need a battery. Defeats the point of the shot system.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told 1000 more. Not worth it in my opinion but mostly cause you need a battery. Defeats the point of the shot system.
Yeh I can’t remember and didn’t take it either due to possible issues and replacement costs .
Thought it was costly for something that needed your phone to operate as well .

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a dumb comment. If you have ever been in a manufacturing process you would know the cost of building a single part.

I can guarantee it doesn’t cost $2000+ to manufacture, it’s a $200 cost that’s marked up 1000% give or take a few hundred, if they have it as an add on at $1000 when buying the sled it’s less than half that to manufacture. Fan boys getting but hurt…… are you French? Do you work in the fisher price factory in Quebec?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price isn't really out of line compared to other products when you consider what you're getting. A custom made, relatively low production display running proprietary software and designed to function in extreme environments. We are just not used to that sort of cost for this application and something that is at a such high risk of damage. Is it really necessary?
In my line of work, we used to use Allen Bradley UI's. Yes, industrial controls, but a ~12" display with the resolution and computing power reminiscent the 90's still costs $10k+. Customers complained, so we switched to Dell rugged extreme tablets and they still run around the $4k mark.

Top Bottom