Who's better? Burandt or Rasmussen?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this thread is going better than I thought it would. Well done people. I was going to say Burandt just for age advantage and lack of the brain matter that makes you think twice before doing something. Lol.
well, that's not very nice. for a fella that's short on brains he knows how to work with a corporation to better his business and his bank account.
If one must masturbate to the beat of the corporate drum, is it not wise to have "said" corporation supply one with their "magical lube"?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, that's not very nice. for a fella that's short on brains he knows how to work with a corporation to better his business and his bank account.
If one must masturbate to the beat of the corporate drum, is it not wise to have "said" corporation supply one with their "magical lube"?

No dig at Burandt at all Rhodesie. When I see young people do stuff like he does in any discipline I always comment that they are young enough where there brain has not fully developed. Lol. Rasmussen probably has become abit more reserved as he has gotten older. The old guys don't heal up as quick as the young ones. Both riders have done an amazing job marketing themselves and there brands and will most likely be very comfortable in there golden years.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rasmussen is old and past his prime. Burandt is at his prime and a better rider. Sorry all you old guys out there!!! :p

It will be interested on who takes Burandt's top spot...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I am beyond tired of seeing Burandt in vids, fliming in the same location that they like to flim in, year after year, and the same scenes being shared for every video available each season year after year. Yeah that looks like a great play area they use for filming but I think the first 4 years of them using it somewhat wore it out. Show some originality.

Sure he is a great rider who inspires people to be better, and yeah it is my choice to buy the videos to hold me over until I can ride but honestly, I pretty much tune out any scenes with him in them as I have seen it before.

If I could choose between the two guys to ride with for a day, I would take Rasmussen. I am not getting younger either. I would rather mide more efficiently while still having a great time.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hard to say, but they can't poach my track when i lead them into the tight stuff!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rasmussen is old and past his prime. Burandt is at his prime and a better rider. Sorry all you old guys out there!!! :p

It will be interested on who takes Burandt's top spot...

Kinda swerving left here but have you ever seen Mac from Horsey Creek ride? He is like over 60 and can outride almost anyone I've ever ridden with. sometimes it's those longer teeth that get you through.
And yes I know, we're never gonna see ol Mac on a sled video

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
Two different style riders Rasmussen being more technical rider likes the crisp smooth lines but not willing to try to past the point of no return, Burandt being a well rounded rider able to attempt anything that a sled might make it through showing the true potential of what these machines can actually do if you put them in that situation. With that said Burandt 100%

Austin Scarff

Reaction score
Burandt is the better rider out of the two, Just watch some of the S*** he does. That should say everything you need to know.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard decision but I gotta say burandt for the fact that he has a more aggressive riding style and does more crazy technical lines. Brett is definitely a damn good rider though

BEGA

Reaction score
Lmfao you got that right

I think Rasmussen is someone who enjoys a great challange and is always striving to accomplish more. With his Cat experience it probably became mundane always getting where he wanted and with such ease so now his challange is to TRY (key word there) get through the tree's on an xp or xm......... whatever they call that new sled??. I can totally see why he switched!!

As far as which is better my vote is for Rasmussen, I think he is the kind of rider where if you watch him do a line he does it so smooth and controlled he almost makes it look easy. Where as with Burandt on the same line he makes it appear harder and more technical with jumping around and side to side.......it's all in the showmanship that sells video's!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Sahen is gaining quickly on Burandt and will overtake him shortly. Neither can ride anywhere near as smooth as Brett and they will admit that.

Sat in on a Rasmussen seminar last month and the most interesting thing I heard him say is that he has never had a serious injury snowmobiling.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO both are amazing with technical riding, my vote would be with Brett as riding with maintaining your health and sled is harder, while making tricky azz lines look smooth and fluid. Anyone that doesnt have to pay for their sleds if they get bent can ride with lots more crazy lines with the teenage mentality. It would be a crazy sleddin day if I didnt have to pay for my sleds while trying to be a show boat for video sales. I think Cory Micku is a guy to watch in the 'new rider' line up of mountain sledders.

Top Bottom