Who switched to a KHAOS? Likes / Dislikes?

sledhead99

Reaction score
I am considering switching to a KHAOS 850 165 x 2.75 Q2 from 2015 XM 163 and am wondering what people think of the Khaos in general? I know the 2020 only had a 155 but I'm curious to hear people's experiences / thoughts.

Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people ive ridden with expect it to climb like the RMK. it does not. It flips over backwards well like a playful sled should but if you like climbing the RMK is still better

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Khaos we rode with got stuck 4 times in 100 feet in 3 feet of fresh trying to pull a fresh line up a moderate hill... front end went up, anchor went down! If you're 20 years old and hang out on one hill doing bow-ties and whip re-entries all day then it's a great choice IMO.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Khaos we rode with got stuck 4 times in 100 feet in 3 feet of fresh trying to pull a fresh line up a moderate hill... front end went up, anchor went down! If you're 20 years old and hang out on one hill doing bow-ties and whip re-entries all day then it's a great choice IMO.

Either I'm going to have to get younger or have to learn how to tame one of these beasts. One way or the other I plan on keeping up with you next season.

As long as it keeps up with my 2015 Pro-Ride I think I will be okay. ; )

Last edited:

sledhead99

Reaction score

Did they adjust the suspension at all? I have talked to others who said it did that but after adjusting the shocks in the skid, it kept the nose down no problem.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

user error ? lol

I went from a 163x3 pro to a 165x2.75 khaos

khaos is great .. just gotta ride it like a khaos .. the shock package is quite nice ... easy to drill a hole in the limiter strap to tame it down if you dont know how to ride

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking a 165 Khaos that weighs the same as a 2020 155 RMK Pro should go pretty good through and over the snow.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how that 165 khaos performs. Thinking of getting one After next season.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how that 165 khaos performs. Thinking of getting one After next season.

If you buy used it will be interesting to see how many will be available. On one hand this may be a very lean snow check year due to covid bs but then on the other hand lots of 2021's could come available if guys jump to the new chassis for 2022.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they adjust the suspension at all? I have talked to others who said it did that but after adjusting the shocks in the skid, it kept the nose down no problem.
I don't know how it was set up as it was a friend of somebody in our group. I think the 165 with the 3.5 inch pitch will help deep snow performance. I hope adjustments can keep the nose down on deep days or sterp climbs so it saves a lot of ski pulling for me!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how it was set up as it was a friend of somebody in our group. I think the 165 with the 3.5 inch pitch will help deep snow performance. I hope adjustments can keep the nose down on deep days or sterp climbs so it saves a lot of ski pulling for me!

One thing for sure, we both pulled skis very little this season.

Ryson

Reaction score
You guys are freaking me out. Picking up my 2021 snowcheck 165/2.75 khaos Wednesday. I’m 42! I’ve never rode one before just thought it was the next logical step from my pro. Limiter strap doesn’t have another hole? Stupid question but if I don’t want to flip over do I lengthen it or tighten it?

now I’m stressed out

Annacassandra

Reaction score
You guys are freaking me out. Picking up my 2021 snowcheck 165/2.75 khaos Wednesday. I’m 42! I’ve never rode one before just thought it was the next logical step from my pro. Limiter strap doesn’t have another hole? Stupid question but if I don’t want to flip over do I lengthen it or tighten it?

now I’m stressed out

Don't stress out, I originally wanted nothing to do with a khaos because it was marketed as a wheelie machine that was wild and "playful". It sounded like it was going to be all over the place and hard to control when really thats not it at all. YMMV but as a lighter rider without the muscle to manhandled a sled into doing what I want I found that the khaos just makes everything easier. If you're used to being heavy on the throttle all the time you might find it hard to keep the skis down then like others have said you can just drill another hole in the limiter strap and suck it in then it just becomes a pro with better suspension. But if you take the time to get to know it and adjust the suspension settings to your weight and riding style you should find it infinitely easier to ride than your old pro. I have a 2020 850 khaos and the hubs just picked up a 2021 155 khaos with the 2.75 and QD2 so it'll be interesting to jump back and forth and see how much difference that new track and gearing makes

Ryson

Reaction score
That makes me feel better. Sounds like it might be a fun learning curve. I might just leave it as it is. Next question. Is there a chart or starting point for the suspension? I’m about 220lbs. I bought my pro used and the guy was about my size so I didn’t change it much.

smc

Reaction score
I would have to disagree with the guys saying it’s a wheelie machine. It’s not as boring to ride as the pro rmk but it’s still pretty mellow in my mind. A 165 skidoo lifts the skis up way more.

Top Bottom