Who else is in love with their 2022 Turbo?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock or walk! Welcome to the team.
I heard someone say the new Freerides are barely any different from a Summit.
Would have preferred the nicer shock package and stiffer boards (although I'm not too sure that's still the case?). I do like to send it. Will grab rail braces and keep an eye open for a decent deal on a set of shocks, should do the trick.

Definitely going to be a bit of an adjustment to my riding style, but I'm sure I'll adjust. If in doubt, just toss a couple pounds of boost at it, right?

On my short ride, I managed to pull off a re-entry on the first attempt, something I could never quite get right on the Alpha, and getting air going uphill was pretty awesome as well.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The summit x expert is a better machine for most people. The freeride has the good shock package but lacks the low bars, 34” stance and adjustable limiter. You quite literally don’t need to touch a thing on the expert unless you like to send it and feel you need better shocks.

I don’t really understand the freeride concept, I used to get it back in the XP/XM chassis but I don’t really know why it still exists as the gap between the two keeps narrowing. Just offer both stances and both shock packages for the expert as options and let the consumer decide.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The summit x expert is a better machine for most people. The freeride has the good shock package but lacks the low bars, 34” stance and adjustable limiter. You quite literally don’t need to touch a thing on the expert unless you like to send it and feel you need better shocks.

I don’t really understand the freeride concept, I used to get it back in the XP/XM chassis but I don’t really know why it still exists as the gap between the two keeps narrowing. Just offer both stances and both shock packages for the expert as options and let the consumer decide.
Makes sense. I do like to send it, and will probably keep an eye open for a set of raptors or Fox. The one thing I didn't like on the rental was the low riser. I was hunched over quite a bit, and couldn't stand forward comfortably. I think the extra length on the freeride would fit me perfect at 6'4, although I believe the X has the same height riser.

The narrow diameter grips also felt really nice in my hands coming from a set of CFR with cork and thick ODI grips.

powpounder

Reaction score
Makes sense. I do like to send it, and will probably keep an eye open for a set of raptors or Fox. The one thing I didn't like on the rental was the low riser. I was hunched over quite a bit, and couldn't stand forward comfortably. I think the extra length on the freeride would fit me perfect at 6'4, although I believe the X has the same height riser.

The narrow diameter grips also felt really nice in my hands coming from a set of CFR with cork and thick ODI grips.
Don’t bring up the low risers with Maxwell. He will think you can’t ride and are a meadow masher!!! Lol. Then again you’re tall like me and like not being bent over like a dog fuking a football. Enjoy your new ride. I put 7” risers on mine and it’s perfect. 🍻

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pretty phenomenal machines. 500km now and loving every minute. Hard on fuel and oil when it’s deep though.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pretty phenomenal machines. 500km now and loving every minute. Hard on fuel and oil when it’s deep though.

Nice little pull!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

me giving a beating to my 2022. Just loves it.

sorry for the length, i always think i have the coolest footage ever until i get it on the computer and realize its lame LOL

Why did you cut out all of your amazing tree riding out of your edit???

People will think your riding meadows all the time?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to get your girl and some of her friends to be your entourage. Lets see how many likes you get. Lol I agree with Shrek, looks like you carry a bit speed when dodgin the trees.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent the day on one Sunday in Revelstoke and just got off the phone with my friendly neighborhood salesperson to be added to his snowcheck list. Pretty amazing machine.
Didn't know snowcheck started already.

Top Bottom