Whitecourt, Edson, Hinton

Pouliot

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the snow conditions are around the subject areas? Thinking about heading that direction next week for some riding.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove through whitecourt last Monday and there wasn't much snow then. Not sure if they had any in the last week.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m at our cabin north east of edson. Maybe 2””” inches at the very most.

Last edited:

Notsopro

Reaction score
Iv heard people r rideing out in the verginia hills area but again thats just hearsay havent went to check for myself yet

Catman2007

Reaction score
That is at the Virginia hills road. Not enough to sled at all. Picture is from today Nov.30th.
cc3d8747b171e616d06f801d1953fccc.jpg

Last edited:

Notsopro

Reaction score
Thays what i figured but i do know they r going up to about km40 on the vergina hills road its self it has a higher elevation and better snow apparently

Mkozjak

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has info on the snow conditions around the Hinton area. Looking to get out for a little scoot here this week with out going into bc.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where people have heard that there is snow but we dont even have a 1/4 of the amount of snow needed to ride let alone enough. Some people have been riding but they probably shouldnt be and if they are they are breaking stuff or riding old iron so who cares. Most snow Ive heard or seen via pictures is about 10-12" up around eagle tower area. No snow in the forescast, no recent snow and warm weather forecasted. Go down south if you wanna ride, we need a good 40-60cm of snowfall before its go time. Remember there may be a bit more snow in the high country around here but it also takes more to be able to ride out in those areas. One summer take a drive out to those spots and see for yourself what has to be covered to be able to ride

Last edited:

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not around Lloydminster and I talked to a guy from Hudson Bay yesterday and he said they went for a bit of a ride but its real slim.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give some updates on snow conditions in any of those areas.Thanks

About 18-20” of snow in my back yard in whitecourt, if I had a trail type sled I’d be riding, not near enough for a 165x3” IMO though so I’m not riding at all yet, I’ve heard reports of 2.5 feet out in the high country to the north west of town

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
About 18-20” of snow in my back yard in whitecourt, if I had a trail type sled I’d be riding, not near enough for a 165x3” IMO though so I’m not riding at all yet, I’ve heard reports of 2.5 feet out in the high country to the north west of town
I guess still no grooming on the trails. Been a long dry spell for the trails.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess still no grooming on the trails. Been a long dry spell for the trails.

Ya not sure on that, I don’t ride the trails except for if and when there is a poker rally. The only info I get on those is on the radio from time to time

Top Bottom