Whitecourt, Edson, Hinton

earlskies

Reaction score
Got out yesterday, staged on the Virgina hills road a few miles North of 43. Rode mostly cut lines and had a blast, snow as others had mentioned was about 18-24", couple of spots up to my waist in wind blown areas. They could use another 12-16" to cover the last of the land mines but other than that a great day. I put on my snow flap before I left expecting the worst but it certainly wasn't needed.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Gloria at the "derrick motor inn" in Swan Hills she says they had a good dump of snow today again, I think I'll try to go up that way in the next few weekends.

earlskies

Reaction score
just got off the phone with Gloria at the "derrick motor inn" in Swan Hills she says they had a good dump of snow today again, I think I'll try to go up that way in the next few weekends.
Where’s the best place to stay in Swan? I’ve stayed at those cabins off the highway but would be good to know if there’s something better?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Where’s the best place to stay in Swan? I’ve stayed at those cabins off the highway but would be good to know if there’s something better?
We typically stay at the Derrick Motel. But have stayed at the grizzly before as well

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure getting sick of these freeze thaw cycles. We get good snow and than a chinook rolls in and ruins the fresh snow.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been out around Edson lately? Brother in law has to pick up his sled there tomorrow. Wondering if it’s worth bringing our gear and going for a test rip?

Top Bottom