Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
IMG_4449.jpg

About 12” fresh

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yhea, would be nice to know, but apparently its always a big secret.

Not a big secret, there is plenty of ways to find out instead of relying on others to tell you, whether stations, calling the local snowmobile club in swan to name a couple

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a big secret, there is plenty of ways to find out instead of relying on others to tell you, whether stations, calling the local snowmobile club in swan to name a couple
Yup. I don't know how many times I've posted for people to contact Don up there for up to date condition reports.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And for info sake, not enough snow for me to venture west of swan, a buddy of mine is logging up there and said at most 2.5’ of snow, enough to stay on old roads and the trails but that’s all, if you gotta scratch an itch and aren’t running a huge track then giver

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You guys are probably right we wouldn't want people asking questions on a sub forum dedicated to asking questions regarding conditions in an area.....
Not a lot of swan hills locals on here is the issue. When I get up there I'll post a review and some photos. Probably not until it warms up though as its way too cold for my 4 year old

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You guys are probably right we wouldn't want people asking questions on a sub forum dedicated to asking questions regarding conditions in an area.....
Not a lot of swan hills locals on here is the issue. When I get up there I'll post a review and some photos. Probably not until it warms up though as its way too cold for my 4 year old

Levithan

Reaction score
Yep, it's comments like "go and find out for yourself" is why some people on forums are just douchebags.
Like said above, in a forum about conditions this is supposed to be where to share.
We might as well take out all of the areas including mountains and say go find out for yourself, what a numbnut.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's comments like "go and find out for yourself" is why some people on forums are just douchebags.
Like said above, in a forum about conditions this is supposed to be where to share.
We might as well take out all of the areas including mountains and say go find out for yourself, what a numbnut.

Well the guys that everyone asks conditions from do that so why can’t you once in awhile? I’ve thrown out condition reports dozens of times for out there over the years, how do you think we find out the conditions? We load up and take the risk that the snow may be $hitty. I’ve driven out there more times than I can count to find pretty crappy snow. Even turned around without unloading a couple times. Go on an adventure, figure something out yourself it’s invigorating lol. At worst you get a drive in with a friend, and get to eat at the best burger baron around, double mushroom burger with cheese time please lol. The douchebag is the guy who doesn’t want to spend a dollar to go figure out snow conditions on his own ever, I see the same guys always asking and rarely putting up their finds, probably because they never went on account that everyone is keeping a “secret” and or nobody told them it was good. There is an actual club to call and ask and also a weather station site which has decent info, and that info is easy to find. Both those ideas are things I’ve figured out over the years all on my own and I’m no Colombo so I’m sure if you put the big boy pants on you too can be the guy tat everyone depends on.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well when you put in a smart ass comment of must be a secret what did you expect.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really??? conditions reports are from people who go out there, and find out for “themselves”.

Levithan

Reaction score
Well the guys that everyone asks conditions from do that so why can’t you once in awhile? I’ve thrown out condition reports dozens of times for out there over the years, how do you think we find out the conditions? We load up and take the risk that the snow may be $hitty. I’ve driven out there more times than I can count to find pretty crappy snow. Even turned around without unloading a couple times. Go on an adventure, figure something out yourself it’s invigorating lol. At worst you get a drive in with a friend, and get to eat at the best burger baron around, double mushroom burger with cheese time please lol. The douchebag is the guy who doesn’t want to spend a dollar to go figure out snow conditions on his own ever, I see the same guys always asking and rarely putting up their finds, probably because they never went on account that everyone is keeping a “secret” and or nobody told them it was good. There is an actual club to call and ask and also a weather station site which has decent info, and that info is easy to find. Both those ideas are things I’ve figured out over the years all on my own and I’m no Colombo so I’m sure if you put the big boy pants on you too can be the guy tat everyone depends on.
Yhea, thanks but not waisting a tank of premium to find out the snow is crap, not rich and don't have money to waste like that at 160 bucks a tank.
Well when you put in a smart ass comment of must be a secret what did you expect.
No smart ass comment just truth, guess eventually when i know the snow is worth going next month, i'll go and keep the conditions to myself
Really??? conditions reports are from people who go out there, and find out for “themselves”.
Yep, or people who live closer than i do.
If people would share when they go to different places in alberta then the condition forums would be great to have, however it seems the only ones who share conditions on a frequent basis are on the mountain side.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If people would share when they go to different places in alberta then the condition forums would be great to have, however it seems the only ones who share conditions on a frequent basis are on the mountain side.

Unfortunately this is a mountain based forum. I personally will not run my mountain sled on the trails around locally on groomed trails. In the field around home, yep you bet.
With the amount of snow that’s around, I would say it’s pretty decent out there. The Edson and wct area have daily trail reports on the local radio station if your looking for trail conditions.
I wish I had a second sled for around home, something with a 2” track or less. The conditions will be great.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com

So the pictures I put up of 12” on our picnic tables and the pics of grooming and fresh snow at the trail is not a good enough condition report
With this cold snap and only enough snow in the last couple weeks no too many guys out riding

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the pictures I put up of 12” on our picnic tables and the pics of grooming and fresh snow at the trail is not a good enough condition report
With this cold snap and only enough snow in the last couple weeks no too many guys out riding

Yep he wants a detailed mile by mile update with pics from everywhere you stop on the way, directions to the best snow and instructions on what to stay away from, he can’t be expected to spend money on fuel and have any surprises or have it be anything less than “epic” riding.

Top Bottom