Whistler / Pemberton Dec 9th - Dec 16th

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of heading to the area mid December. Any suggestions for early riding areas? or areas to avoid. We will be monitoring the weather prior to the trip, but want to check out some new terrain heading south/south west of Revelstoke in mid dec. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Whistler area, if you don't have local support to help on where to go, suggest Brandywine for the Whistler area. Big parking area and most commercialized. Kinda like Boulder. Probably can't get in via Avalanche Alley this early in the year, but through Brandywine bowl should be ok. We are just waiting patiently for snow. It was late last year (late Dec) to ride but rain is forecasted heavy for the next few weeks.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Whistler area, if you don't have local support to help on where to go, suggest Brandywine for the Whistler area. Big parking area and most commercialized. Kinda like Boulder. Probably can't get in via Avalanche Alley this early in the year, but through Brandywine bowl should be ok. We are just waiting patiently for snow. It was late last year (late Dec) to ride but rain is forecasted heavy for the next few weeks.
Great, Thank you. I know some people that rode brandy. Thinking maybe Lillooet, Pemberton, then Whistler? As long as the snows piling up. Guessing there are a bunch of hush hush areas around there so a guy's going to have to a little sloothing. Definitely not against paying a "tour person" (I know guide can be a bad word) for a day or 2. Possibly 3-4 guys, AST-2 trained, all Avy gear, riding 2022/2023 850s. 20+ years exp interior BC.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont be in a rush
Brandywine couple days ago

Attachments

• 2232E543-F109-435F-96B2-C761C42103ED.jpeg
    2232E543-F109-435F-96B2-C761C42103ED.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 167

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya sounds like the guy got pretty hurt too. Full on A-arm season right now

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya broke leg and ?? Kid was spose to ride with them and i talked him into waiting a little longer. He has seen the rock garden going thru there with his dirtbikes and understands be patient now

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, and it was pretty awesome. Lower snow was a bit heavy but up top it was good and deep.

Reactions: RGM

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been to Pemberton, but I do have some question. There is talk of riding there next year for my sons stag. Where are the riding areas, places to stay (probably 6-8 guys), guides to use and “best” time to go?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is a Stag just stay in Whistler lots of nightlife and staggettes too. Go ride Brandywine is the simplest.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is a Stag just stay in Whistler lots of nightlife and staggettes too. Go ride Brandywine is the simplest.
It’s not going to be a typical stag lol. Im invited, his fiancés Dad is invited, her 2 brothers, the groom (my son) and maybe another guy. So that’s 6. The groom (and the group) are more interested in sledding new areas than drinking, bars and bullchit.
Whistler is too much city for this group. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom