which tune? ibexx or torque link?

Daniel475

Reaction score
thinking about doing one of these tunes , anyone have any reviews running either of these tunes aswell as to some feedback , i know ibexx offers complete kits , new charge tubes and clutching aswell , im sure torque link does aswell , just curious which one is better , thinking of just doing the 20hp upgrade , let me know thank you !

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking about doing one of these tunes , anyone have any reviews running either of these tunes aswell as to some feedback , i know ibexx offers complete kits , new charge tubes and clutching aswell , im sure torque link does aswell , just curious which one is better , thinking of just doing the 20hp upgrade , let me know thank you !
I personally do not have a tune but two guys I ride with have the Ibexx tune and clutching. One guy has the 30hp tune and clutching. Run it all season last year. The other just did the 20hp upgrade. Supplied and installed by local tuner.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've some good clutching options for the Turbo's, will be testing SLP & MapX tune's very soon. A nice feature of the MapX is you can add a home service app. Basically mirror's BUDS, key programming etc.

Daniel475

Reaction score
thanks for the info so far ! ibexx kit looks really nice only thing im a little worried about is ive heard the magnetic weights can come loose and go throught the clutches , anyone had first hand problems with this?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info so far ! ibexx kit looks really nice only thing im a little worried about is ive heard the magnetic weights can come loose and go throught the clutches , anyone had first hand problems with this?
Never seen the magnets fall out personally but have heard of it. My riding Buddies are running the Ibexx clutching, just think Joey can do the tune more justice. JMO.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have talked to a few guys on the hill running the ibex tunes and clutch and have been super happy.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe you get all four stages with the Ibexx tuner for around $800. If you run the Torque Link, you pay for the tuner($700) and then each tune another $400 a pop. I could be misinformed.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My good buddy is running the IBeX setup on his doo and it hauls. I’m 6’5 295 and that 165 has plenty of pep. No issues so far either.

Daniel475

Reaction score
all good info thanks guys ! curious how Dynomite Joe would be tuning one of these kits , im basically down to ibexx for clutching or DJ , tune for sure is ibexx

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the riders turbo tamer kit first. You will never look back

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Stay away from magnetic weights!!

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My good buddy is running the IBeX setup on his doo and it hauls. I’m 6’5 295 and that 165 has plenty of pep. No issues so far either.
Just wondering with more HP. Has to be more engine heat. Are you guys doing anything extra to control

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s using DJ’s clutching with the 20hp ibex tune. 2020.5 doo turbo 165 with the 3” track. In the steep and deep he was pulling 80 km track speed. That was the max. It’s hauls the mail. Gotta keep the skis down tho. That’s what he’s working on now. Limiter is tightened right down. It’s impressive. I’m on a poo turbo. Kakwa got the goods. I would say it was a good test. The drainages we were playing in were 24”-36” of fresh.

Top Bottom