where to rent sleds?

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
does anyone know of any places in the city to rent sleds other than elk island sales.

I am trying to rent a sled or two before year end to try before I buy type of deal I know that all the mountain towns have rentals but they are a bit more expensive than elk island.

I would really like top try an xp a dragon and a nytro before I snowcheck my 09.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Used to be a place around call Budget Sport Rentals dunno if thay are still around

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Used to be a place around call Budget Sport Rentals dunno if thay are still around

DO NOT RENT FROM BUDGET SPORT RENTALS!!!

We rented a Sea-Doo from them for my birthday. The huge sign in their store says you can cancel anytime before two weeks and get a full refund. We purchased a Sea-Doo three weeks before and called to cancel. The owner told me he would refund me my money back to my credit card. A week later we were charged the full amount (and they did not refund the deposit). I went into the store and the manager showed me the document we signed. In very very small letters it says 4 weeks cancellation notice. I called the BBB and they said they have had many complaints, however there was nothing they could do. The owner then called me saying he was going to sue me for burning a donut out of his compound, and spraying gravel over his rentals. He was ------ We never did get our money back.

Last edited by a moderator:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

We rented a Sea-Doo from them for my birthday. The huge sign in their store says you can cancel anytime before two weeks and get a full refund. We purchased a Sea-Doo three weeks before and called to cancel. The owner told me he would refund me my money back to my credit card. A week later we were charged the full amount (and they did not refund the deposit). I went into the store and the manager showed me the document we signed. In very very small letters it says 4 weeks cancellation notice. I called the BBB and they said they have had many complaints, however there was nothing they could do. The owner then called me saying he was going to sue me for burning a donut out of his compound, and spraying gravel over his rentals. He was------ We never did get our money back.

did you consider phoning the global trouble shooter?

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
We did, but it was such a hassle. We just changed our credit card number and left him alone. I am actually glad we didn't rent it. I couldn't imagine how many "damages" he would have said happened when we returned it. The thing that ticked me was he told me he would refund me, and when it didn't happen that's when I found out the "second" cancellation policy.

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know of any other places. Quite a few years ago there was a place in Devon. I think it was called Devon Rentals, but I don't think they are in business anymore.

chucker

Reaction score
Give Elk Island Sales a call. They are east of Ft. Sask. I have rented from Trent in the past. Call Debbie @ 998-9159. They have a few trail machines and a few more mountain machines.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alpine in Valemount rents 08 xps and a 600 is 275 a day and a 800 is 300 a day
catmando!

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blackfalds before Red Deer there is a big rental shop there.I've heard good things about.I can't remember the name of the company,sorry.

.08rider

Reaction score
I HAVE AN XP FOR SALE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS!!! HAVE A LOOK!! gREAT PRICE WITH LOW MILES AND LOTS OF ADD ONS.

xxx

Reaction score
I HAVE AN XP FOR SALE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS!!! HAVE A LOOK!! gREAT PRICE WITH LOW MILES AND LOTS OF ADD ONS.

DONT know if anybody wants one after all those belts and drive shaft problems maybe you could part it out for parts for the rest of those XP owners

.08rider

Reaction score
Yes it is a 146". Still on the very first belt, I put the screen kit on it and it keeps the clutches nice and cool, I don't want to sell it but I wanted a harley and my wife won't let me keep both my sleds, so unless you want to pay 30,000 for my mod I built this year it is the xp that has to go. My mod was a 144" thanks for the bashing fellas.LOL But in the trade was worth it I have a brand new 2007 Screaming Eagle Dyna sitting in my garage ready to tear up the pavement!

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I am going to snow check a new sled had enough fun with a used sled this year, I want a brand new one so when I break it (and I am sure I will) I drop it off at the dealer and tell them to call me when they are done!

I have talked to elk island and they are really good to deal with! I had a new dragon booked for this weekend (trying to demo a couple sleds for the weekend to help make my decision) however somebody had it out last weekend and broke it so they had to cancel my booking (not thier fault) they were still going to supply me a rental sled but it was an 05 so that didn't really allow me a comparison for the 09 decision. They cancelled my booking no problem I ended up booking one at Alpine in Valemont (gonna try an xp for the second time) They were very nice and pretty good to deal with $300 a day is more than what it would cost at elk island but whatever it's only money!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We rented a Sea-Doo from them for my birthday. The huge sign in their store says you can cancel anytime before two weeks and get a full refund. We purchased a Sea-Doo three weeks before and called to cancel. The owner told me he would refund me my money back to my credit card. A week later we were charged the full amount (and they did not refund the deposit). I went into the store and the manager showed me the document we signed. In very very small letters it says 4 weeks cancellation notice. I called the BBB and they said they have had many complaints, however there was nothing they could do. The owner then called me saying he was going to sue me for burning a donut out of his compound, and spraying gravel over his rentals. He was----- We never did get our money back.

You should have rented it.....oh and bought all the insuance you could get, then see if that thing could go up hill.

sled

Reaction score
A friend of mine rented a sled from elk island on the family day weekend.Was a good sled but the story is that he phoned and booked it 4 weeks before hand the day before he was supposed to pick it up they phoned to say that the guy that had the sled wanted to keep it for longer,could they give him a 800 rmk instead of course he said yes.Then the day he goes to pick up the sled they say well all we have is this 340 and you are just going to boyle to ride.Well by the time they left elk island they had a 700 rmk.
So my idea was should open up a rental shop for sleds,quads and utvs,Is their any people out there how would intersted in renting from another place In Edmonton
Thats it for my story and question

Top Bottom