Where to rent a beacon

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to Mcbride on th 17/18 and of the three guys I'm going with one does not have a beacon. Where can we rent one? I have tried all the ski rent shops in Edmonton and they don't even know what I'm talking about. Any help would be great....

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride-n-hide. Pretty cheap and you can rent beacons, probes and shovels there.

sleddude

Reaction score
you can get beacon at Totem Outfitters and Mountain Equipment Co op in Edmonton. They both rent.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!!!!!! I'll probably rent from Ride and Hide. I try and support the locals where ever I can. Thank you to all. I never would have thought Cycle works rented anything? Good to know.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think martin eq rents them also. I have used cycle works myself. Nice thing is cycle works only bills you for the days you use them, not travel days or even if you have to get it a day early or return late cause of work or whatever. I don't know about martin.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
We have rented from Rid n Hide and this current season the beacons we rented from dealers only which was the best. You often go to the dealer before the trip for belts, oil, plugs etc so you may as well get the beacon. The problem with Rid n Hide was the long line up in the morning which cuts into the riding time. Also the things have to be back by a certain time and if you are delayed getting off the hill you may be subject to another days rent. I have had this issue before.

I believe in supporting the local businesses but I will not pay more for it than at home.

Top Bottom