where to mount muff pot on xp

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Have a ceramic pipe and can, where can i mount one of these.
xp 800x

Any pics of one on?

Just a thought; what did you doo with the insulation from under the clam shell? Hope you didn't throw it out!! I would cut a small donut or oval shape from the insulation for under the HotPot base. Not too big but big enough so that you don't wreck the ceramic surface. Then attach it with the muffler clamps that held on the aluminum clam shell. I'm sure there are othr ideas out there, so be patient.

I have seen them mounted to the can but the way I like to prepare my meals, that wouldn't work for me. Good luck.....:xmas2004_15:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same sled and it is ceramic coated. I didn't use heat shield stuff because I found that what ever I was cooking did not get hot enough because of all the snow. There is one spot on the pipe that if you get it right it will not move, that is on the left side of the nose bend of pipe and you can see the little nouch cut out were the pipe was pressed or welded together, make sure you get one band right in there and it won't move. This is my second winter with it and it still never moved on me yet.....Enjoy....

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good thanks, can almost taste the mundare suasage, even if i have to put it up on the lift and cook some in the shop...snow already old man pissy winter.:beer:

lgu5

Reaction score
PB221162.jpg

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So where are you guys putting your spare belts, and dont tell me you dont have one these are all doo's:)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good thanks, can almost taste the mundare suasage, even if i have to put it up on the lift and cook some in the shop...snow already old man pissy winter.:beer:

I reccomend Widynowski's Sausage House 118th Ave. and 42nd St. It'll make that Stawnichy's stuff taste like horse chit in comparison.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the pipe is ceramic then do not put it on the right side of bend, if you look at the left side of front bend there is a nutch where the crimp of pipe is and if you run the strap right in that spot if will not slide back and forth and mine is 1 1/2 yrs. I find it easier to remove and replace, no belt in the way. I will get pic and put it up. Good luck.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys really find that the muff pots are worth the money. Aren't they like 130$ to buy one. Does your meal get warm enough? How long before it's ready, and what if you leave it on too long, will it actually burn? I was thinking about getting one but someone told me it's not worth, and to just start a fire. lol, I know that is a lot more time consuming, but I don't want to be all excited about it then go to eat a warm meal, and be disappointed. Thanks.:beer:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, I guess I'll have to look around cause I haven't seen one for under $100. Thanks.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine as close to the donut as I could. After the first trip I pulled it out and cut the front tab of the mounting bracket down to allow easier insertion and removal. In this location it will melt the cheese in a smokie just perfectly. It is a little tricky to get in and out, but does work.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, enough is enough, I mount mine exactle as shown! I mount mine on the can. It is hot enough and cooks as good as sledmamma hot pie. No, just kidding, I do not know how sledmamma cooks cause I can only wish that my wife would come out with me. The can is the best place to mount it without burning your sausages after a half long days ride and stopping at noon. I have never had any complaints other than "do you smell kfc or DQ on the trail"., cause I am sure hungry!:mad::mad:. NO I DO NOT, mind your own business!.:d

Attachments

• IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 57

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, enough is enough, I mount mine exactle as shown! I mount mine on the can. It is hot enough and cooks as good as sledmamma hot pie. No, just kidding, I do not know how sledmamma cooks cause I can only wish that my wife would come out with me. The can is the best place to mount it without burning your sausages after a half long days ride and stopping at noon. I have never had any complaints other than "do you smell kfc or DQ on the trail"., cause I am sure hungry!:mad::mad:. NO I DO NOT, mind your own business!.:d

Thanks, I was thinking of placing mine there. You just used the single clamp they gave you and it doesn't move or rattle?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking of placing mine there. You just used the single clamp they gave you and it doesn't move or rattle?

i did the same as above with a single clamp, it works, but still does not get hot enough to cook something, just warms it up. It needs to be on the y pipe to actually cook something i think.

Top Bottom