Where to get Fill Dirt / Material?

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping to find some fill material for a spot on my acreage near Redwater this year. Talked to a few guys through Kijiji, etc, but not much so far. Thought I’d reach out to S&M if anyone is in the know for anything reasonably close by? About 30min from Henday and Manning in the NE. Would prefer clean material - dirt, clay, gravel, recycle concrete - not too picky. Up to ~2000m3 depending on type of material. Appreciate any info on this!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watch for projects on the go in your area, contractors usually like to get rid of material close by if they don't have need for it, i got some to get rid of but west end of town. Look for contractor signage and call them.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watch for projects on the go in your area, contractors usually like to get rid of material close by if they don't have need for it, i got some to get rid of but west end of town. Look for contractor signage and call them.
How much fill are you looking to get rid of? I'm looking for about 20 loads

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure of exact amount but will find out, a fair bit. Where do you need it ? Its in acheson

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m always looking to get rid of material from excavations, it would be less likely considering how far out you are though. You may get lucky at some point and find someone digging in Redwater even, did one a few years ago.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I’m not even necessarily looking for it to be free. I know I’m a bit out of the way, and would be willing to work together with someone looking to move some fill for their project.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I’m not even necessarily looking for it to be free. I know I’m a bit out of the way, and would be willing to work together with someone looking to move some fill for their project.

If you let me know what amount of trucking you would be ok with I could haul you material anytime a site pops up that is close enough. Maybe have one within the next 2 weeks in the NE corner of the city that wouldn't be too bad as there isn't much for dump sites in that area. Generally have about 30-40 loads to get rid of every 2 weeks.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you let me know what amount of trucking you would be ok with I could haul you material anytime a site pops up that is close enough. Maybe have one within the next 2 weeks in the NE corner of the city that wouldn't be too bad as there isn't much for dump sites in that area. Generally have about 30-40 loads to get rid of every 2 weeks.

Send you a PM

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kind of product? Im south of Sherwood Park and need some fill to bring up where I plan to have my backyard. Pretty sure my neighbor is also looking for some fill this summer as well.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of product? Im south of Sherwood Park and need some fill to bring up where I plan to have my backyard. Pretty sure my neighbor is also looking for some fill this summer as well.

Everything from black dirt, sand, clay. From basement excavations in infills and new areas so just depends where it is what kind of material.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bringing this thread back up, looks like i will have 3 to 4000 meters to get rid of, this is coming out of acheson so looking for a close haul. Got some spoken for but still have a good chunk left. Pm me if your interested

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Does anybody have any clean fill they want to get rid of? I need to build up a low area Lake Nakamun about 20 minutes north of Onoway. Probably need 2 or 3 truck loads.

Top Bottom