Where is the best place to get sled work done?

sledlife

Reaction score
Just got into the sport of mountain riding and I am looking for a little more out of my sled to beat my buddies. Wondering where to go to get work done and some feedback of places that people have gotten work done at.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got into the sport of mountain riding and I am looking for a little more out of my sled to beat my buddies. Wondering where to go to get work done and some feedback of places that people have gotten work done at.

Extreme Machines - Sylvan Lake.

Excellant work and awesome guy to deal with.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Danno out at Extreme Machines in Sylvan....he can add a little, or a lot. (403)748-2219

sledlife

Reaction score
I have a summit with a 800R engine. Heard lots abouts about big bore, nos , and turbos. Not sure which way to go. Also it is better to lightwieght a sled or make it more powerful?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a summit with a 800R engine. Heard lots abouts about big bore, nos , and turbos. Not sure which way to go. Also it is better to lightwieght a sled or make it more powerful?

id start by ditching the stock track and move to a camo extreme 2.5x162" then add a full exhaust and cylinder head. then a nitrous system. and if thats not enough for you. 860 bigbore. to be honest your notgoing to ditch much weight from the xp without spending some SERIOUS coin. they arent like the old sleds where you could lose 15lbs in the seat and 20lbs in the skid right off the batt.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id start by ditching the stock track and move to a camo extreme 2.5x162" then add a full exhaust and cylinder head. then a nitrous system. and if thats not enough for you. 860 bigbore. to be honest your notgoing to ditch much weight from the xp without spending some SERIOUS coin. they arent like the old sleds where you could lose 15lbs in the seat and 20lbs in the skid right off the batt.

I have to agree as well. A track is the most underated mod you can do to your sled. I have an 07 xrs and the difference in going from a 151 challenger light to a 162 powdermax was night and day. Hopefully the switch to a 174 well be another step up as well. Anyone that has went the camo extreme route is usually very happy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd agree give extreme machines a call he is good, let him know crash said hi.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM chrisco on here he has a place maybe he can help you out! he has been a big help for us! Parkland Motorsports 780-963-0080

m8cat

Reaction score
Or you could scrap the doo doo and move up to a Cat and just ride.....

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a chris burandt schooled video and learn to ride better, learn proper technique and have somebody take video of your mad style and work on it. Then once you feel like your kicking ass, take your buddy into the technical trees and make him cry like a baby, you can lend him your shovel while you track out the pow while he shovels. No need to measure each others wieners and wallets, better rider always wins on a modern machine, cat, doo or poo, rider makes the difference.
If your rich, racers edge in dewinton is my choice though....

cjay

Reaction score
make the drive to EDMONTON and go see bruno at BOONDOCKERS SNOW SPORTS 11229 156 ST 780 777 8309

AWSOME GROUP OF GUYS THAT ARE EXTREMELY PASSIONATE ABOUT SLEDS
he offers custom paint works to suspension trac and general performance mods all the way to turbo s
there is nothing he wont look at doing to better the enjoyment of riding and is willing to assist even on the phone

stop in you ll be happy and still be able to afford to ride

:d:d:d :beer: cheers

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with steel town learn how to be a technical rider first you will know when you need more HP any body can point and shoot but can you boondock through the trees turn out on a shoot and not get stuck. if you have lots of money turbo it. If not get a pipe kit power comander Reeds clutching auto tuner air box and you are on your way, CC Cycle is doing mine let you know how it hooks up after the first run.

Have a safe year out there.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think all you need is a monster sticker. it adds no weight and at least 15hp:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you hoping thats gonna make you a tad more witty???????? :eek::beer::d

20% MORE WITT IS THE CLAIM ON THEIR WEBSITE.... NOW I'M RUNNING IN THE HIGH 20'S PERCENTILE.. THIS MEANS i CAN HIT MY HEAD 2 MORE TIMES AND STILL FUNCTION LIKE MOST ADULTS....:rolleyes::p

P.S. I tried the "monster" jimmy hat on the weekend,,,, ohhh chit theese monster guys are good.....

now the ladies call me "MONSTA"
monsta.jpg

Top Bottom