whats the scoop in BC on trucks and sleds ?

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have two things holding down the front and rear? I've heard of people getting tickets for only one strap on the rear, or only a superclamp on the front. I believe the law does say two front two rear. The tie down thing is pretty picky, technically superclamps could be seen as not proper, because they do not attach to the "frame" of the snowmobile. The way I see it is if the DOT wants to get picky, almost ANYONE could get a ticket for a improperly secured load with sleds.

sledslut didn't you say earlier in this thread you had two sleds on the deck and pulled a 2 place trailer? That is what I was talking about that is getting carried away, a 1500 with all that is EXTREMELY overloaded.

when i was taking to the dot guy in golden he looked at my super clamps and figured they were more than sufficent! he said any tie down must be able to sucure the load 80% side to side, 80% front to back, and 50% up and down. each time you add a tie down you are increasing your holding factor.

with that all being said over the last how many threads now. how is your sled deck fastened to your truck?.........:confused:

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I measured my 162" sled and including snowflap it extends more than 1.2m from the taillights on a 6'-6" short box Chev. Based on this requirement, I'm not sure how any short box with a 162 sled on it will be legal. This means I need 1' x 1' red flags on each sled during the day and a red light on each at night. Anyone come up with a good method of attaching either? Alot of sled covers go over the rear bumper of the sled so attaching to the bumper might not always work. I'm thinking of attaching the light to the snowflap but not sure how.

for a quick fix we made up some 1'x1' orange flags with one single 2" red marker light zipe tied into the mesh on the flag. then just ran a wire from both lights down to the bumper where we made up an adaptor off the 7 post plug in. that way we can still hook up to a trailer.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i it dont matter wat we do, there is still gonna be sumthn they could nail us with if they wanted. so many diff rules come into play when hauln sleds on decks and trailers and half tons and one tons and so on....

i say just load it up and strap it safely, get ur weights close and drive safe.

Flange99

Reaction score
I bought a couple of $9 LED bicycle lights from Cdn Tire and a couple of $2 clamps from Princess Auto. Clamp grips the track lug pretty good so I don't think it can shake itself off on the road but I plan on running a bunjie cord around it to be safe. I still need to find a couple of flags for daytime running.

PC270431.jpg
PC270430.jpg

Top Dog

Reaction score
I'm from Kamloops and there pricks here even if it is a 1 ton all rookie DOT and wanting to make a name and believe me they will find something and force you to go to scale once there it will cost money and something will stay there:mad:

Top Bottom