What ways do you deal with frustration?

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm the type of person that small things bug me. Lately I have been so so very frustrated (over some larger things) that it got me wondering what others do to calm down so you're not getting migraine headaches from being so frustrated all day, or ways to simply not get frustrated besides not caring.

Wether it's ways of dealing with inanimate objects or people either I'd like to hear about.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smoke some dope!!! Lol. Seems to work for the BC folks!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stew on it for a couple of days, as it just pisses me off more.
Smoke to many cigarettes.
Drink tooo much Kokanee
And usually do something stupid, in a drunken rage.
Then......

I can look back and say, that was dumb and laugh about it.
I would have to say having a couple of beer, and hanging out with my pup is the best way that I could calm down.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ex wife said I didn't tolerate stupid, come to think of it my wife also says the same thing. So I am frustrated a lot. Lately aside from sledding, hanging out at the river (fishing), splitting wood, it has been the horses that seem to bring me back to sensible. Oh and a 5 day trip in March planned to sled in the Sicamous area is my "happy place" so somebody at work doesn't get a punch to the throat.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alcohol usualy complicates whatever situation is pissing me off.
some sensible physical activity by myself (walk or gym) or a day sledding with my buddys , puts me into a better head space.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the gym and pump some iron.

My best results are when I am wound up.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as crazy as it sounds I bought Tony Robins motivational CDs and he says people who get angry/frustrated easily should go to the mirror and force themselves to laugh for 10 mins and apparently your stress levels drop. He said they have done studies and it has helped people get off of various meds for anxiety, stress, depression etc. As for myself, all I do is ask myself if the current problem making me mad will be an issue in a week. Usually the answer is no. Life is too short... like the song goes, "we are here for a good time not a long time" so I try not to sweat the small stuff.

Top Bottom