What track to go with? Stock/M770/Conguer280/Alpha

AP48379

Reaction score
Would like to hear from guys that have changed to a different track on there gen 4 165x3". So far i think the M770-3R will work but i think its a 15" wide and there's also the Conquer 280 which it sounds like people put it on backwards for it to work well? Both options i would loose the flex edge...other option is to buy a stock track or are you guys happier with the other tracks. also if someone has put an Alpha skid can you let me know how happy you were and is the price to happiness worth it?
Thanks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock track is junk u be lucky to get 1000k

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flex edge is a joke and honestly the 15" will handle way better than the flexedge ever will.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought this composite M770R at the EDM sled show last year from royal distributing. Put 900km on it and noticed this at 4 different lugs. The cracking is at the base of and on the back side of the lugs. Sent pics to royal, they sent it off to composite which denied the claim for now. Lol.

Royals response....

Hello Rob,
I hope you’re having a great Summer. I followed up with Composit on your claim. The track has no damage At this point, they feel that the condition of the track does not warrant a claim and that you should continue use of the track this coming season. However, should the condition worsen and you start to lose lugs, we can re-visit and push it through for a warranty replacement. I have everything on record and I will keep it. When the season starts and you’re able, just ride it as you normally would. Touch base with me during the season with an update. Cheers,
Rob

We'll c what happens I guess cause its only gonna get worse. I gotta feeling the claim will b revisited. Royal as been great to deal with I must say.

IMO...
Overall the track does fairly well in all conditions. Lacks a bit in deep fresh stuff but not bad. Also the sled tends to wanna wash out more with the 15 wide vs the 16. This is due to having a wide tunnel narrow track combo.
6120652995fbc73355d23c2c30d61c63.jpg

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try the new Polaris 2.8" track. 15 wide and unproven. 3.5 pitch I believe. Probably spoil a couple g's though.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the track issues seem to be a bit isolated? It would be nice to be able to find out where and when the tracks are built. There are thousands of Gen 4 sleds out there without any track issues.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a new challenger 300 series track comig out - 9433M

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the track issues seem to be a bit isolated? It would be nice to be able to find out where and when the tracks are built. There are thousands of Gen 4 sleds out there without any track issues.

2000 k on my 19. No track issues to date.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought this composite M770R at the EDM sled show last year from royal distributing. Put 900km on it and noticed this at 4 different lugs. The cracking is at the base of and on the back side of the lugs. Sent pics to royal, they sent it off to composite which denied the claim for now. Lol.

Royals response....

Hello Rob,
I hope you’re having a great Summer. I followed up with Composit on your claim. The track has no damage At this point, they feel that the condition of the track does not warrant a claim and that you should continue use of the track this coming season. However, should the condition worsen and you start to lose lugs, we can re-visit and push it through for a warranty replacement. I have everything on record and I will keep it. When the season starts and you’re able, just ride it as you normally would. Touch base with me during the season with an update. Cheers,
Rob

We'll c what happens I guess cause its only gonna get worse. I gotta feeling the claim will b revisited. Royal as been great to deal with I must say.

IMO...
Overall the track does fairly well in all conditions. Lacks a bit in deep fresh stuff but not bad. Also the sled tends to wanna wash out more with the 15 wide vs the 16. This is due to having a wide tunnel narrow track combo.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201008/6120652995fbc73355d23c2c30d61c63.jpg
Well that's not good.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Royals response....

Hello Rob,
Rob

IMO...
Overall the track does fairly well in all conditions. Lacks a bit in deep fresh stuff but not bad. Also the sled tends to wanna wash out more with the 15 wide vs the 16. This is due to having a wide tunnel narrow track combo.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201008/6120652995fbc73355d23c2c30d61c63.jpg
Is that the 3" version? I've got the Composit 2.6 on my XM and I really like it so far, it's my backup sled so it probably won't see a ton of use but my wife is riding it for the rest of the season so i'll keep an eye on the lugs for cracks and such.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the 3" version? I've got the Composit 2.6 on my XM and I really like it so far, it's my backup sled so it probably won't see a ton of use but my wife is riding it for the rest of the season so i'll keep an eye on the lugs for cracks and such.
Yep 3".

Tuesdayyx

Reaction score
Need to replace my 165 as it has a torn lug. What track are riders happy with? Next trick is to find one in stock!

Top Bottom