What to do with a lemon vehicle?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did talk to someone today, we have now been escalated to the highest level for case review. Wednesday we should know more. The waiting game continues....

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbos don't produce boost anyway.
EFB7B6CB-0C2F-4329-8969-B85EA762BAC9.jpeg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the saga continues, the turbo is now back in but now the ECM is fried. There has been an outstanding recall for this truck for months now regarding DPF regeneration frequency, GM finally has a software "fix" for it and as the truck was being updated the ECM failed to update, then lost communication and now fails to do anything. A new one is on the way but sounds like a few more days.

GM Canada still hasn't done anything for us, our case has been elevated to executive review as of a week ago but no results yet. Supposed to hear more on Wednesday.

So far this truck has had to have the following replaced in order of failure:

Steering box
Turbo
DEF Pump
DEF lines
Turbo
Turbo
ECM

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Face book
GMC Canada
Post in great detail and just watch how fast you get results .
If you’re not on FB get someone to do it for you .
Seriously it works with any of them .
Be polite and have facts .

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Face book
GMC Canada
Post in great detail and just watch how fast you get results .
If you’re not on FB get someone to do it for you .
Seriously it works with any of them .
Be polite and have facts .

I'm going to wait and see what comes on Wednesday, the lady I talked to seemed helpful but hadn't had time yet to properly review our file.

But I agree that would get us some attention. There is a post up right now on the Chevrolet page advertising the new Colorado ZR2, I'm sure a detailed post on our failures with such low km's will get us somewhere.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the saga continues, the turbo is now back in but now the ECM is fried. There has been an outstanding recall for this truck for months now regarding DPF regeneration frequency, GM finally has a software "fix" for it and as the truck was being updated the ECM failed to update, then lost communication and now fails to do anything. A new one is on the way but sounds like a few more days.

GM Canada still hasn't done anything for us, our case has been elevated to executive review as of a week ago but no results yet. Supposed to hear more on Wednesday.

So far this truck has had to have the following replaced in order of failure:

Steering box
Turbo
DEF Pump
DEF lines
Turbo
Turbo
ECM
Lmfao, ya when doing a reprogram, if something happens, like data com lost or that type of thing, it bricks the module

I've had it happen to me lol

Now your list if chit, that is totally out of the ordinary, at least this area

But we get all the chit coming in from Vancouver and cowtown, where it breaks down west of Golden it seems lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see what comes on Wednesday, the lady I talked to seemed helpful but hadn't had time yet to properly review our file.

But I agree that would get us some attention. There is a post up right now on the Chevrolet page advertising the new Colorado ZR2, I'm sure a detailed post on our failures with such low km's will get us somewhere.

If dealer has been great make sure you praise them as well as it goes a long way which it should .
It’s not there fault as they just try to fix .
Best to wait for sure and hopefully it gets resolved .

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If dealer has been great make sure you praise them as well as it goes a long way which it should .
It’s not there fault as they just try to fix .
Best to wait for sure and hopefully it gets resolved .

That's the one thing keeping me from going absolutely nuts. Doug Marshall has been fantastic the whole process, from the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager, to the Service Advisors and our salesmen, even the mechanic working on the truck took time to explain everything he has done on the truck and his troubleshooting with GM.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the one thing keeping me from going absolutely nuts. Doug Marshall has been fantastic the whole process, from the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager, to the Service Advisors and our salesmen, even the mechanic working on the truck took time to explain everything he has done on the truck and his troubleshooting with GM.

The Wheaton group is big so they will have some pull .
Nice they are treating you well as before DM sold they sucked .

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went in to the dealer today to speak to the service manager, and he wasn't there. But did have the truck scanned as the engine light has been on again the last couple days, and even threw the emission countdown message for half an hour. Intake air control valve out of range again, second time this code has intermittently came up.

At this point I'm hoping for cold weather. All the gremlins come out of this truck in the cold, so hopefully I can show more issues to have a better case for a proper fix from GM or a buyback.

It's too bad, this 2.8 Duramax Colorado is awesome in the summer, it drives so nice and is stupid cheap on fuel, it evens warms up fast in the winter considering it's a diesel.

How do you like the truck other than the engine?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like the truck other than the engine?

If you like small trucks then they are great. It checked all the boxes when we bought it, in many ways I like it better than my superduty for long drives and it's way easier to get around with in town. This is a lot of the problem with our situation, we have been looking at other vehicles if we replace this one and can't find one we like as much. The Ford Ranger is nice, but the fuel economy isn't comparable, and many are reporting worse economy than they are rated at.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read back and see this is the little dmax .
Fella I worked with bought the same truck when they came out .
I didn’t realize yours was the same . I mentioned in earlier post about GM taking it back and he went into a full size Dmax .
It was the same as yours and they couldn’t fix it .
18-20000 kms on his and just terrible .
Drove a rental that they supplied for a few months until worked out agreement .
Good luck as it is something they know about . Lol
He was at Ken Sergent is the only difference.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you like small trucks then they are great. It checked all the boxes when we bought it, in many ways I like it better than my superduty for long drives and it's way easier to get around with in town. This is a lot of the problem with our situation, we have been looking at other vehicles if we replace this one and can't find one we like as much. The Ford Ranger is nice, but the fuel economy isn't comparable, and many are reporting worse economy than they are rated at.

My daughter is looking for a new truck and was just curious

Kyle89

Reaction score
I found Doug Marshall chevrolet to be a bunch of total morons!

I was in the area for work and had my truck throw a code and go limp mode. I found out what sensor went and threw a new one in, still had same issue.

Long story short they said they could look at my truck, didnt for 3 days, told me my engine was SEIZED, couldnt connect to my ecm because of my aftermarket tuner.

Brought it to actual diesel shop and they cleared the code with the gm tech2 tool. Good to go free of charge. That's it!

F@ck doug marhsal

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read back and see this is the little dmax .
Fella I worked with bought the same truck when they came out .
I didn’t realize yours was the same . I mentioned in earlier post about GM taking it back and he went into a full size Dmax .
It was the same as yours and they couldn’t fix it .
18-20000 kms on his and just terrible .
Drove a rental that they supplied for a few months until worked out agreement .
Good luck as it is something they know about . Lol
He was at Ken Sergent is the only difference.

Yeah GM claims they don't take trucks back. lol

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found Doug Marshall chevrolet to be a bunch of total morons!

I was in the area for work and had my truck throw a code and go limp mode. I found out what sensor went and threw a new one in, still had same issue.

Long story short they said they could look at my truck, didnt for 3 days, told me my engine was SEIZED, couldnt connect to my ecm because of my aftermarket tuner.

Brought it to actual diesel shop and they cleared the code with the gm tech2 tool. Good to go free of charge. That's it!

F@ck doug marhsal

Thanks for your helpful input...

Top Bottom