what quad

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i need a good reliable, trail quad but strong enough for the farm. minium cc 400 newer than 2006

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A great farm quad is a honda foreman, they last forever and are tuff not the smoothest on the trail cause of the solid rear axle but you'll be supprised where you can go with it. Those quads are damn near indestructable

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Honda Rubicon is better, auto with a very good low gear, adjustable suspension out back , not as good as IRS but still beter than the foreman. I have owned and ridden thousands of kms on both machines and loved them both, never any problems.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree HONDA!! but everyone is going to tell you something different.

Test drive a few and make up ur mind for what feels best!!

But a HONDA is best :p

dawsonhunter

Reaction score
I could never say anything bad about honda's... My old 300 honda was a absolute work horse:) I bought a Yamiha 450 kodiak and have been using it on my farm for 3 years. There is no stopping it and have had no problems... with it being automatic, i can pawn some of the work off on the kids and wife... This bike is awesone for trail riding, so smooth on any terain. i have never needed any more power even when i pull a trailer... my $0.02... Good luck:):)

scottsrdscott

Reaction score
If you go over to Nyroc and read about all the people that went from a Honda 680 to a King Quad will say the same thing. Don't get the Honda. :nono:

Totally happy with my King so far.

I would go Grizzly or King Quad.

Dadbro

Reaction score
I will have to say Honda as well, I have had 2 Hondas a 350 with over 13,000 km. still going and a 500 Foreman with over 9000 km still going. agreed the ride has alot to be deisired but I have not been left stranded.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want around a 400 cc 4x4.

you have to go with Honda 420 rancher.

you can get it how ever you want they have alot of dif options now.

but the main thing about those 420s is they are out performing all other 400 series 4x4s. some 500s even.

I have rode one and they are fairly snappy and really good on trails and obviously being a rancher they are dependable work horses if you need them to be.

in the 400 - 500 bracket You cant beat the 420 Honda.

also its not like the 300-350's either.

EFI - Disk breaks - 4x4 -2x4 un-lockers - power steering -Independent suspensions now to name some new options.

H2O

Reaction score
My vote goes for the Polaris X2 500 or larger cc..... the main reasons long wheel base heavy tow machine and that awesome dump box in the back that will carry 400lbs.

It will also convert to a 2up rider machine in a minute.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote goes for the Polaris X2 500 or larger cc..... the main reasons long wheel base heavy tow machine and that awesome dump box in the back that will carry 400lbs.

It will also convert to a 2up rider machine in a minute.

He said a Trail quad not a trail tank

H2O

Reaction score
leonard.... there are some places that 700 tank will go that the shorter, lighter quads won't.
I am entightled to an opinion..... He also wants it for farm work.

The gutless Honda 420 can't tow 1500 lbs.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
leonard.... there are some places that 700 tank will go that the shorter, lighter quads won't.
I am entightled to an opinion..... He also wants it for farm work.

The gutless Honda 420 can't tow 1500 lbs.

hey hey now Ive got a 420 no need to be bashing now :mad:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are not gutless Ive pulled enough animals with a 350 to prove you dont need a 700 to pull big loads just need gearing and guess what the 420 has good gearing.

and your talking to someone whose bike will eat a 700 btw just saying.

i dont feel like arguing either i just dont think 2 ups are what id be looking for if i wanted to go for a rip.

Top Bottom