What is the best cluch??

mudbogging101

Reaction score
Who makes the best cluch fom a scrambler 400 2stroke, im putting on 26's on it and play alot in the mud but also want somthing thats still decent on the trails? Any ideas or should i do a low ranger gear box and do a slightly modified cluch with that set up? What do yall think?

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your better off doing the tranny swap.what kind of tires are you running we mounted 26 outlaws on a 500 with epi clutch kit for 27 tires and still smokes the belt in heavy mud.maby a lighter tire would do better with just a clutch kit.

mudbogging101

Reaction score
I was thinkinf of running the interco swamp lights or the gators. Also what all do you have to do to do a trans swap/ is it just a bolt in application or no? And if I do a low range gear box with 26's?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year is this unit? Is it 2WD or AWD?

Tranny swap requires a tranny from an Explorer, some Big Boss, and some Magnums... assuming your is AWD. Direct bolt-in except the shifter if you get the right tranny.

Gen3usa.com is a great source for Scrambler clutching info.... actually any polaris gen III info.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With just a clutch kit you might be fine with those lighter tires. I would try that first then if you need to do the tranny swap do that. Being a 98 it has chain drive front and rear probly so should be easier finding a tranny then we are for the 500 with the shaft front and chain rear.

Top Bottom