What is CF Moto?

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always see tons of these things for sale on kijiji. Are they some kind of Chinese junk?
Prices seem fair compared to the big four.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen one in action. It did fairly well. But that was only one day I ride with him. He's since sold it. And got an outlander XMR

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more big name dealerships carrying these machines, and I know a reputable DSM that jumped from Polaris to Represent CF Moto, I think they are up and coming for sure.

5 year factory warranty, lower price point than the other big names.

I'm contemplating taking a chance on one.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loud, clunky, and no refinement whatsoever. There is a reason they are cheap. However they will sell due to price point and to most uneducated in Powersports they look almost as good. Basically like buying a knockoff, they copy ideas and build machines. If I was cheaping out and buying this kind of junk I’d go the Segway brand atv before I’d try one of these. The snarler, villain and fugleman look far better than any cf moto junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loud, clunky, and no refinement whatsoever. There is a reason they are cheap. However they will sell due to price point and to most uneducated in Powersports they look almost as good. Basically like buying a knockoff, they copy ideas and build machines. If I was cheaping out and buying this kind of junk I’d go the Segway brand atv before I’d try one of these. The snarler, villain and fugleman look far better than any cf moto junk

I seen a Segway for sale. It looked pretty nice in the pictures. Never seen it in person.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen a Segway for sale. It looked pretty nice in the pictures. Never seen it in person.

Ya I saw a snarler (quad) and the fugleman (basically a Polaris ranger or can an defender) in person and they actually don’t look half bad, look way better than the cf moto that’s for sure, not sure what their warranties look like

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are one of the top knock off machines out their, cant beat the warranty, the reviews on them for the past 5 years or so have been excellent, and right now they are one of the only manufacturers you can actually get product. Only thing you have to watch from experience in the dealer, i was going to buy one when i got my can am emailed 5 plus dealers for a quote and received a quote from one dealer. The shipping and PDI was so high that it was cheaper for me to buy a can am, i ship things daily and they were charging 5 times higher than what i could ship something the same dimensions, their PDI was 3 times higher than can am. When i questioned them about it they never responded. I contacted CFmoto canada and questioned the PDI and shipping charges and let the know about the other dealers that never responded. Within a hour every dealer that i had emailed had started calling was not impressed that it took a complanate to get a response so i went out and purchased my can am... So check out your dealer prior to purchase and make sure they are a reputable dealer.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are one of the top knock off machines out their, cant beat the warranty, the reviews on them for the past 5 years or so have been excellent, and right now they are one of the only manufacturers you can actually get product. Only thing you have to watch from experience in the dealer, i was going to buy one when i got my can am emailed 5 plus dealers for a quote and received a quote from one dealer. The shipping and PDI was so high that it was cheaper for me to buy a can am, i ship things daily and they were charging 5 times higher than what i could ship something the same dimensions, their PDI was 3 times higher than can am. When i questioned them about it they never responded. I contacted CFmoto canada and questioned the PDI and shipping charges and let the know about the other dealers that never responded. Within a hour every dealer that i had emailed had started calling was not impressed that it took a complanate to get a response so i went out and purchased my can am... So check out your dealer prior to purchase and make sure they are a reputable dealer.
The reason the PDI is so high, unlike Can Am you cannot take a CFMOTO product out of the box & delivery it. PDI is Pre Delivery Inspection, not adjust & repair. If the CFMOTO dealer wants you to have a positive new owner experience & not have you back next day with a list of issue's they need to spend hours preparing the unit for delivery.

Their warranty addresses marketing concerns only, read the detail.

Chinese have a very different way of doing business than the Western world, sadly you combine that with an independent distributor out of Quebec with the attitude the ending is generally poor. Other countries such as the US where CF MOTO is distributed directly by the manufacturer the situation is better.

The product is decent based on price, it does not matter how good or how bad these things are. In the end they all will need service & support, CFMOTO fails primarily due to the independent distributor in Canada.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So instead of paying for a $300 PDI everywhere else its i was expected to pay $1500 for a PDI with CF Moto..LOL

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason the PDI is so high, unlike Can Am you cannot take a CFMOTO product out of the box & delivery it. PDI is Pre Delivery Inspection, not adjust & repair. If the CFMOTO dealer wants you to have a positive new owner experience & not have you back next day with a list of issue's they need to spend hours preparing the unit for delivery.

Their warranty addresses marketing concerns only, read the detail.

Chinese have a very different way of doing business than the Western world, sadly you combine that with an independent distributor out of Quebec with the attitude the ending is generally poor. Other countries such as the US where CF MOTO is distributed directly by the manufacturer the situation is better.

The product is decent based on price, it does not matter how good or how bad these things are. In the end they all will need service & support, CFMOTO fails primarily due to the independent distributor in Canada.
You can’t ride a can-am suzuki or Yamaha out of the crate either. They all need some sort of assembly, testing and adjusting.

If the dealer isn’t competent or if assembly takes longer than it does for other brands they need to eat that time and charge a reasonable price to encourage customers to buy or they are going to run into the exact situation mentioned above. Not sure how the distributor plays any roll in any of this either. They don’t charge or set the PDI price.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for 11 gs what you rather have

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I looked at them, 2 of my Buddies down here have the quads 800 & 1000 both both are 3-4 years old. the 1000 just lost it's first belt last weekend @ 4800km the 800 is around the same mileage on original belt with zero issues to date. The 1000 did have an overheat issue, turned out to be a faulty wire that kept blowing fuses.

Dealer support down here is fantastic from what I'm told but service has been not required yet - even the belt on the 1000 was a $250 part and 1 hour in the driveway.

Seem to be lots of aftermarket parts & accessories available.

I ended up with a Teryx-4 but was leaning towards a newer CF

Top Bottom