What happened to Kijiji?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am l blind or did they got rid of a lot of subcategories? There's no separate sled parts category anymore. You can't filter by sled brand?

I was trying to do a tire search and that was a lot harder than l remember.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am l blind or did they got rid of a lot of subcategories? There's no separate sled parts category anymore. You can't filter by sled brand?

I was trying to do a tire search and that was a lot harder than l remember.
The sled parts category is inside auto parts now.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji is always trying new layouts,they're just trying to improve the site,keep it up to date.facebook market place will never replace kijiji jmo.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the change this summer some time. The app doesn't work that well anymore either. When I try to filter a search by region I still get hits for all of the country.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought kijiji was great, up till last year when they changed the format. Now its brutal. Hate to say but Facebook market place is better. I have sold stuff faster on facebook then i ever did with kijiji...minus the sled deck sale...that was in record time. Plus on Facebook you can creep! Don't act like you don't. Seen a nice diesel for sale on FB and pictures were so clean, one of them trucks you know it was his baby. Clicked his profile to find out his location....bam, first picture i see is that truck in a swap getting pulled out buy a big ass 8 wheel tractor... Kijiji can't creep like that!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem is that to be able to cruise the facebook marketplace you have to be part of the social media abortion they call facebook......... and that is too steep of a price for me to ever try

I thought kijiji was great, up till last year when they changed the format. Now its brutal. Hate to say but Facebook market place is better. I have sold stuff faster on facebook then i ever did with kijiji...minus the sled deck sale...that was in record time. Plus on Facebook you can creep! Don't act like you don't. Seen a nice diesel for sale on FB and pictures were so clean, one of them trucks you know it was his baby. Clicked his profile to find out his location....bam, first picture i see is that truck in a swap getting pulled out buy a big ass 8 wheel tractor... Kijiji can't creep like that!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah Facebook isn't that bad. Great source for political motivation and trolling lefties. Use it, don't let it use you is my reccomendation?

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya teh new Kijijji sucks i used to look everyday but now i barley hit it once a month.. FB marketplace is way better. FB is only as bad as u let it be

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KIJIJI totally sucks now. Way harder to navigate, (at least on my desktop & laptop) and the pics get way too small when you open them, just stupid, can't see $hit!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is an interesting topic as to where to go to buy & sell. Kijiji has worked great for me to purge out inventory till they implemented there click per view charge. I've tried FB marketplace which is worse, especially if you post in all the different groups. I've had way more useless "I'll buy it conversations" on FB with no sales being finalized. So I'm leaning back towards Kijiji to purge with 31 weeks left and counting!!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is an interesting topic as to where to go to buy & sell. Kijiji has worked great for me to purge out inventory till they implemented there click per view charge. I've tried FB marketplace which is worse, especially if you post in all the different groups. I've had way more useless "I'll buy it conversations" on FB with no sales being finalized. So I'm leaning back towards Kijiji to purge with 31 weeks left and counting!!

Purge sounds like good prices. need to come see you Dusty for some XM bits and pieces.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a good benefit for sure, you can kinda creep on someone on Kijiji if they have other adds up for sale.....like if they are selling a sled and other add is a turbo or something ripped out from it lol.or I try to see what's in the background of their picture, it's crazy how sloppy they are if they are scammers.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji is dead to me too many no shows. Fb marketplace is where it’s at. I can creep the seller/ buyer then I can rate the transaction for future buyers/ sellers.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Locally we have Nlclassifieds which is great - sensible categories- other than now a few too many ads..
I don't like the layout of Facebook but did snag a snow bike 16yz450 +17 Camso kit for $8300.
Dont use kijiji as much and did notice that categories have gotten muddled.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy to creep on kijiii, gets someone’s phone number to email and it’s amazing what google can find out.
Another one I just found a camper on is “Letgo”, gives a history to what was sold from the seller which is nice.
I bought a dirtbike on Facebook marketplace 3 years ago, was able to check out his profile with bunch of pics of it. I buy lots of stuff for the kid on there.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hillbilly motor swaps and market place most of the time takes about 10 minutes after posting then you have so many responses you cannot keep up with anymore. Meanwhile kijiji you would be lucky to get one response in 2 days.

Top Bottom