What did you do to your UTV today?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought, have you used a bungee strap to hold your winch cable, it might save some up front plastic?

was also wondering why u carry 75 lt of extra gas? lots of extra weight?

Good idea with the bungee.
And thanks for the tip on not gunning it when stuck. I am bad for that. Going to have to stop and save axles.

With the fuel we started on the iron horse. Didn't know what to expect. So I had fuel for everyone. With the weight of the gator that extra 75lts wont be much. Lol.

Normally it's a 10lt can. A chain saw. A 5lt mixed fuel can. And some bar oil bouncing around back there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea with the bungee.
And thanks for the tip on not gunning it when stuck. I am bad for that. Going to have to stop and save axles.

With the fuel we started on the iron horse. Didn't know what to expect. So I had fuel for everyone. With the weight of the gator that extra 75lts wont be much. Lol.

Normally it's a 10lt can. A chain saw. A 5lt mixed fuel can. And some bar oil bouncing around back there.

ha, ya SxS's with a larger box seem to get to carry everyones stuff plus there trash, funny i never seen those depositing the trash ever empty it out.
as to sitting in mudhole stuck i have been guilty of also spinning the tires, i do a have a fine collection of broken axles.
icon10.gif

i would think you will see an improvement with the mudlights over the smaller sized bighorns. fyi, keep your eye on mudlight tires, they like to develop pinholes around the lettering, if they go flat! just what i found. seems the same with any itp tire.

glad to see you like the gator, are parts readily available, as in stock or do you have o wait a week for shipping? a lot of parts for the ranger i have requires a bit of a wait, high wear parts should be stocked, brakes, bearings, axles etc.

what area's, do you guys like to ride in?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fyi, keep your eye on mudlight tires, they like to develop pinholes around the lettering, if they go flat! just what i found. seems the same with any itp tire.

glad to see you like the gator, are parts readily available, as in stock or do you have o wait a week for shipping? a lot of parts for the ranger i have requires a bit of a wait, high wear parts should be stocked, brakes, bearings, axles etc.

what area's, do you guys like to ride in?[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks.

Parts are not too bad. I haven't had to wait more then I few days. I deal with Deere Land in the Fort. But there is a deere dealer ship in almost every town and a few in the city. So i have options if I'm in a hurry for parts.

Bent a tierod this year. Unfortunately that's a one piece steering rack. So things like that suck.

I'm close to RedWater. So if I want to kill a half day and stay clean I'll go there.
As for a normal riding area we really dont have one. Like to try different places out.
We never know where we are going. Just guessing and following trails.

How about yourself?
Any suggestions as good spots to ride?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of good areas, we tend to go west of rocky and caroline, and west of sundre is really good, cell phone service is not good though. caroline south has seen a huge increase in riders ever since castle area shut down. tough to find spots to set up camp. also down by Saunders area is another good area - west of rocky. get a good map or a gps map that shows trails and roads , oilfield lease sites too, that helps with broke down machine recovery and finding future camp spots again.

are there not a few polaris parts that will interchange? could be another avenue for parts ? no idea, i thought i seen something on this? john deer was advertising they had access to generic parts for other machines, but i think the dealership let that go?

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did Saunders this year. Beautiful spot.

I'm not sure what is all interchangeable. CanAm built the body for it. So BRP parts may fit.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i was thinking that there wa a clone there somewhere.

Reactions: RXN

Wolf24

Reaction score
Bought the new Pioneer 1000ltd it seems to be a good machine so far. It’ll go just about anywhere except muskeg! Lol. Anyone else have one and any issues with it? It just went into the shop today for a i4wd issue

Wolf24

Reaction score
Does snowandmud have its own app? This Tapatalk app sucks for navigating and trying to find proper places to post! Like the site but not near a computer much.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does snowandmud have its own app? This Tapatalk app sucks for navigating and trying to find proper places to post! Like the site but not near a computer much.
It's on our wishlist of things we want to get.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed this bad boy today.

Now I should be able to park on a hill and get out of my machine.

I do not have a park position. R N H L is all I have. And the OEM park break does not hold the weight of my machine on a hill. I've adjusted it to the max.

Looking forward to seeing how well this will work.
I had to make a few modifications for it to fit the Gator. It seemed to work on my little hill in the back yard. The park break just rolled down. Drove back up. Used this and no roll.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181103-232320_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181103-232320_Gallery.jpg
    948.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20181103-232334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181103-232334_Gallery.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 228

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don’t have a brake fluid leak

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to see line locks in the past worked great at burning rear tires off.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put an ice crusher heater in the other day but it doesn't really seem to work that good.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heat would be great on cloud days

Top Bottom