What’s the best boot for mountain riding right now?

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the TOBE Nimbus boot? I ordered a set and am just waiting for them to arrive. I’ve had FXR for the last 6 years and my last set was their high end boa boot but I had wet feet after one riding season so decided to go a different direction with all my gear. I’ve heard good things about TOBE so we’ll see how it holds up.

phatboy2007

Reaction score
My vote and recommendation would be to try the Skidoo Tec Plus boots. Ran Klim Adrenaline GTX before and switched to these only because I got them super super cheap due to misjudge on price by the vendor at the time. Figured why not give them a try and I have been thourougly impressed by them. Warm, waterproof, and so far solid construction. Only drawbacks would be they may be more clunky/large for some folks (seemed the same size as my klims) and they are a pretty stiff boot but I like the added support while riding myself....they do suck to walk in sometimes though.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worn a few FXR boots. Very warm, light, but a little bulky. I actually switched to 509's as the FXR were too warm for my oven warmth producing feet.
The 509 boa's have stood up well so far. Very comfortable, warm, light, and are not a snowshoe. Def recommend the 509 raid double boa's.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best boots are the ones that are comfortable and dry and your boards don’t shred in one season. That being said I am partial to TOBE Nimbus. I had the first version and now these ones and they are tough boots. Feet are always dry and warm.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOBE Nimbus double boa! Previous pair 4 full season, my newest pair 1 season so far and they amazing, no fighting with lacing!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of 509 BOAs a couple years ago for $299 from the sled show. knock on wood they have been decent and have about 40 days on them.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the TOBE Nimbus boot? I ordered a set and am just waiting for them to arrive. I’ve had FXR for the last 6 years and my last set was their high end boa boot but I had wet feet after one riding season so decided to go a different direction with all my gear. I’ve heard good things about TOBE so we’ll see how it holds up.
I had the previous version, the Tobe Vivid boots, and they were the best boot I've had in 29 years of mountain riding. I'm sure you'll love them. Tobe's warranty is WAY better than Klim's since Klim was bought by Polaris

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Klim fan. 2 people I ride with had to be boots and always had wet feet. Needless to say they went back to Klim. I just picked up a new pair of Klim always have dry feet in them.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of motorfist stompers 3.0, I was out on a cold day last week and feet were pretty cold and since I had them only about for 6 or 7 rides the bottoms of the boots are starting to shear off the rubber pretty good from the running boards…. Not very happy for a 300+ dollar boot!!!!!

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have skidoo tec something boots. The previous 3 seasons they were good but this year with the turbo my feet get wet very early on and then get cold later in the day. I did not ride a ton the previous years and the boots look in good condition. I only wear one thing sock (klim one) underneath.

Has anyone noticed more wet feet issues while on the turbos compared to NA sleds for some reason?

Seems as though the concensus is Tobe Nimbus boots and I see that deal on FortNine. Might have to try. $450 for boots though yikes. things be getting crazy

west coast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried these out yesterday in the deepest conditions all year. Had dry socks for the ride home. I have had snowboard boots, scotts, hmks and jethwears. All had wet feet on pow days.

Attachments

• DAC5ED14-F730-4BA2-BC3B-A5BCC197ED01.jpeg
    DAC5ED14-F730-4BA2-BC3B-A5BCC197ED01.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 147

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you drop 4 or 500 hundy on boots you are a moron. Buy $100 snowboard boots and you are laughing.

Top Bottom