Attachments

• 7DEF82B2-3974-4702-8ACA-00FFA606BBD8.jpeg
    7DEF82B2-3974-4702-8ACA-00FFA606BBD8.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 103

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s going great in Colorado!
Did you read what you posted? It was a VOLUNTARY program that people enrolled into. Probably offered some kind of financial incentive to be included. Says you can opt out if you want.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they work on wifi. So just unplug the wifi... or keep old trusty thermostat around...

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you read what you posted? It was a VOLUNTARY program that people enrolled into. Probably offered some kind of financial incentive to be included. Says you can opt out if you want.

Did you read before posting? Lol

I am guessing that the “optional, we take control of zee house” program is what you get by default, and only be reading the fine print can you find the “opt out” setting. People quickly sign up not fully aware of all the consequences - happens all the time bud.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting message on the emergency alert for the Jasper area about the potential loss of power because of the forest fire.
Pretty much saying get gas now.
Imagine the khaos in a emergency if everyone had a EV, for example the Fort Mac fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe this clears things up for you?

Here’s the important excerpt:

On Tuesday, as temperatures rose into the lower 90s in the metro area, Xcel took complete control and locked thermostats because of an “emergency situation.

It’s actually much more sinister than my prediction.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this clears things up for you?

Here’s the important excerpt:

On Tuesday, as temperatures rose into the lower 90s in the metro area, Xcel took complete control and locked thermostats because of an “emergency situation.

It’s actually much more sinister than my prediction.
So for one day in the last 6 years someone had to have their house 4 degrees Fahrenheit warmer in an optional program that they enrolled in.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting message on the emergency alert for the Jasper area about the potential loss of power because of the forest fire.
Pretty much saying get gas now.
Imagine the khaos in a emergency if everyone had a EV, for example the Fort Mac fire.

A3DF6B44-E953-417A-8290-2FE82CB01F66.jpeg

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jasper fire was tiny. But they left it alone. When I rode but Friday it was unattended. Came home yesterday and it’s huge and out of control

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for one day in the last 6 years someone had to have their house 4 degrees Fahrenheit warmer in an optional program that they enrolled in.
Wow, you really are fully indoctrinated eh ? “Optional “ programs you assume would allow you the “option“ withdraw , if for Any reason the controllers decide they can override the “optional” choice , it’s clearly not optional.
1 day , 1 hour , whatever , it’s a slippery slope , but you really seem to have the ability for whatever reason to jump to the defence of every one of our professed planet savers , no matter the absurdity of the actual situation.
Charge your car only at night, unless everyone does , then take turns, turn off your AC if it’s to hot, don’t travel when it’s hot to save power, line up to charge your car , plan your trip based on charging stations, and now , allow someone else to control the temperature in your home !
Each to his own , but you have been indoctrinated man !

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, you really are fully indoctrinated eh ? “Optional “ programs you assume would allow you the “option“ withdraw , if for Any reason the controllers decide they can override the “optional” choice , it’s clearly not optional.
1 day , 1 hour , whatever , it’s a slippery slope , but you really seem to have the ability for whatever reason to jump to the defence of every one of our professed planet savers , no matter the absurdity of the actual situation.
Charge your car only at night, unless everyone does , then take turns, turn off your AC if it’s to hot, don’t travel when it’s hot to save power, line up to charge your car , plan your trip based on charging stations, and now , allow someone else to control the temperature in your home !
Each to his own , but you have been indoctrinated man !

Can I ask what your solution is then? If the electrical grid is operating at max capacity and there is no more electricity to be had what should we do?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Build more power plants instead of shutting them down to switch over to chit that doesnt work?
Funny part here is the charging stations get there power from the power plants, maybe they should get there power from solar/windmills instead. Then lets see how many will be travelling around then or lining up for there 20min recharge, pretty hard to have freedom and being able to travel to the backcountry with any EV no matter what it is, not to mention the amount of area it would take up with there so called windmills/solar farms such a crock. Even the line loss by the time it comes down from your rooftop into your house is 13-15%.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what your solution is then? If the electrical grid is operating at max capacity and there is no more electricity to be had what should we do?

Stop shutting down perfectly good power plants to get the vote of the woke retards crowd. You and Johnny are spokesmodels and don’t even know it. Man are you guys hooked hard and slowly getting reeled in to your downfall . It wasn’t that long ago we had a pretty decent grid of electricity, now it’s pretty much f* cked. Been playing the power game for 17 years and it’s one of the only things that’s been downsized as the population grows and power demand rises

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop shutting down perfectly good power plants to get the vote of the woke retards crowd. You and Johnny are spokesmodels and don’t even know it. Man are you guys hooked hard and slowly getting reeled in to your downfall . It wasn’t that long ago we had a pretty decent grid of electricity, now it’s pretty much f* cked. Been playing the power game for 17 years and it’s one of the only things that’s been downsized as the population grows and power demand rises

Believe it or not I actually stand pretty close to the middle of the road on most of these issues, I usually just post contrary opinions because I choose not to add more noise to the echo chamber on here.

To the issue at hand though, it's hard for an investor to want to build a power plant planning on a 40 year life when they can't predict the energy market 5 years out. That's as much part of the issue as anything. For example 5 years ago Solar was a government subsidized trial venture. Now watching the Travers solar facility it's impressive how much money that thing makes, by my math and current power prices it will be paid for in 5 years, and be a money making machine for its investors after that.

TC has invested in a pumped hydro-storage facility, and I believe it will make money hand over fist as well.

Yes we need more natural gas power plants, but IMO it makes sense for everyone involved to close the existing thermal converted coal units early and replace them with combined cycle units.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jasper fire was tiny. But they left it alone. When I rode but Friday it was unattended. Came home yesterday and it’s huge and out of control

IMO, Jasper is a disaster waiting to happen with the beetle kill. With the heat and the wind, I’m puzzled why they didn’t get on top of it sooner.

I talked to people at the dump station this morning who were camping in Jasper and they were told to leave at 8pm lastnight because they were probably going to close the highway.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forcing everyone to switch to EV would be fairly low on my list of suggestions.
Here is a thought, lets start with EV airplanes/delivery trucks first no matter the size. Then we can actually gauge the outcry by the many that don't get there chit in time and whole industry's shutdown while everyone complains about not getting there said chit or having to sit at home with no income for a very long time.;)

Top Bottom