Weight Distribution Setup - What is this called?

maxpower

Reaction score
New to me trailer I'm trying to hookup weight distribution (Curt system) and the frame brackets won't fit onto the frame at the right position but it looks like these can be utilized. It's not the typical one to me at least.
I've googled but I'm not sure what this is called and if I need an insert for it.

Attachments

• CURT HITCH.jpg
    CURT HITCH.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 150
  • trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them on my trailer there is no insert for it you jack up the load lever arms a bit above and hook the chains into the slots

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to me trailer I'm trying to hookup weight distribution (Curt system) and the frame brackets won't fit onto the frame at the right position but it looks like these can be utilized. It's not the typical one to me at least.
I've googled but I'm not sure what this is called and if I need an insert for it.
You can remodel the frame brackets you have to weld them to your frame as an option. They just wont me removable if you want to keep the system if you sell the trailer. But they do sell the frame brackets separately. As for the second picture you have posted, I have not seen those available for purchase. You can probably get someone to make them for you. Piece of channel or rec tubing. Drill two holes and cut the groove out. If you have to tools to do so.

Top Bottom