Wanted Tire Chains

wolfer

Reaction score
I’m looking for a set of dually tire chains to fit LT215/85R16 tires.
Thanks
Ron

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
For what it's worth; don't cheap out. Tire chains are something that, when you need them, you definitely want something that's going to work and not fly apart.

wolfer

Reaction score
For what it's worth; don't cheap out. Tire chains are something that, when you need them, you definitely want something that's going to work and not fly apart.
You bet, I have already learned the hard way using tire “cables”, what a s**t show that was.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for a set of dually tire chains to fit LT215/85R16 tires.
Thanks
Ron
What vehicle. My Ram does not have room for chains . They will hit the rear leafs

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys run tire chains on the front axle of their duallys because there is more clearance up there.

The Trygg chains from Titan are about the best you can get, but if you need low profile chains Gregg's sells some of decent quality.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What vehicle. My Ram does not have room for chains . They will hit the rear leafs
Just curios. It’s probably a pain to get on the tire, but could you just run a single chain on the outer tire?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curios. It’s probably a pain to get on the tire, but could you just run a single chain on the outer tire?
That is what I do. I have the chains with ice picks. Worked ok actually with just outside wheel.
Got my chains at Super Slings Nisku

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve used chains on my dually a couple times trying to get out & in to hunting camp. Ran them on the outside rear tires with no problems but a heck of a lot easier putting them on the front

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have also learned the hard way that it’s easier to put them on before your stuck….😳
Hell yeah I can make pulling this trailer

wolfer

Reaction score
I like the idea of 4 singles, can anyone think on any issues with doing this on the dually? This sounds like the way to go.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I like the idea of 4 singles, can anyone think on any issues with doing this on the dually? This sounds like the way to go.
Only chaining one wheel of a dual only works till your stuck. Then it's pretty much useless. As long as you're moving they help.

Top Bottom