WANTED: T3 AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I did was state facts about mb suspension - nothing false whatsoever - then the guy calls me to find why I wasn't happy with the service - I told him he should be calling his supplier and not me to find out that raptor carries more objects for raptor shocks than he ever knows about - as a "shock guy"

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I did was state facts about mb suspension - nothing false whatsoever - then the guy calls me to find why I wasn't happy with the service - I told him he should be calling his supplier and not me to find out that raptor carries more objects for raptor shocks than he ever knows about - as a "shock guy"
What's the story here?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the story here?
A while back I posted my raptor shock servicing experience with the people - the shock guy wasn't happy I did so without contacting him 1st - why would I contact him - he told me I had no options - I contacted raptor and they sent me my alternative option of a spring - then followed the posting of the experience - simple - he explained that if he went through raptor he would be paying msrp - so he goes through some outfit out of Vancouver- if I was a shock guy I would be trying to know of every available option for every shock that I serviced - I would probably stay 100% current by contacting the manufacturer of the shocks I serviced also but hey that's just me - in the end I honestly helped him out by keeping him in the loop with my post of the most current available parts for the shocks he services

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A while back I posted my raptor shock servicing experience with the people - the shock guy wasn't happy I did so without contacting him 1st - why would I contact him - he told me I had no options - I contacted raptor and they sent me my alternative option of a spring - then followed the posting of the experience - simple - he explained that if he went through raptor he would be paying msrp - so he goes through some outfit out of Vancouver- if I was a shock guy I would be trying to know of every available option for every shock that I serviced - I would probably stay 100% current by contacting the manufacturer of the shocks I serviced also but hey that's just me - in the end I honestly helped him out by keeping him in the loop with my post of the most current available parts for the shocks he services
Raptor wants all the rebuild business so they won't cut a rebuilder any margin?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raptor wants all the rebuild business so they won't cut a rebuilder any margin?
I'm not sure - probably only give a price cut to a stealership is my guess - I must say tho raptor having an address in Manitoba is pretty sick - no mysterious brokerage or duty fees at the door is minto - I wish every American sled related outfit would do the same - it's bad enough having a garbage dollar along with excessively overpriced everything

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My T3 has a skins ARC on it that i could part with. probably help keep the skiis down on that beast. bought mine with it on it already but theres no way that a stock 174 requires one lol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3535.jpg

My triple rate exits ride
Great. Just have to remember there a 6 pound weight penalty over my factory kybs

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That gold color is a special coating that makes the shock body more slippery for smoother piston travel....

What makes a good shock in your world?

Tell me what you' re looking at when you go shock shopping?

You mean Kashima. It’s a specially formulated anodizing that doesnt improve anything but look “cool”. But DLC or diamond like coating does actually help shed oil on internal components of your shock. Especially your tubes or rods. Now this is an unpopular option but what about some Evol Fox shocks? Found these on eBay
IMG_0113.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean Kashima. It’s a specially formulated anodizing that doesnt improve anything but look “cool”. But DLC or diamond like coating does actually help shed oil on internal components of your shock. Especially your tubes or rods. Now this is an unpopular option but what about some Evol Fox shocks? Found these on eBay View attachment 248324
No that is not true. It reduces friction and kashima is fox's proprietary coating, but KYB has a similar coating that does the same thing.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No that is not true. It reduces friction and kashima is fox's proprietary coating, but KYB has a similar coating that does the same thing.

Yes that’s what it’s meant to do but when we compared Kashima vs DLC on dirt bike fork tubes, the DLC had way less stiction. They also felt a little smoother. Last time I check, I thought KYB was also Kashima coated? Please correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I seen a Kashima sticker?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s what it’s meant to do but when we compared Kashima vs DLC on dirt bike fork tubes, the DLC had way less stiction. They also felt a little smoother. Last time I check, I thought KYB was also Kashima coated? Please correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I seen a Kashima sticker?
Could be, use to be just a fox thing. There is only one place in the world that does the coating though.

Ive seen how it performs on a shock dyno, and its way better than non coated aluminum shock bodies. Doesnt mean something else might work better. Dlc vs kashima coated dirt bike forks is a differnt topic then aluminum vs coated sled shock bodies..

Long story short, the coating is not just to "look cool"

Last edited:

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be, use to be just a fox thing. There is only one place in the world that does the coating though.

Ive seen how it performs on a shock dyno, and its way better than non coated aluminum shock bodies. Doesnt mean something else might work better. Dlc vs kashima coated dirt bike forks is a differnt topic then aluminum vs coated sled shock bodies..

Long story short, the coating is not just to "look cool"

In the snowmobile industry, yes, fox was one of the only companies to offer Kashima coating. On the lower tubes it does help decrease stiction as does DLC. But for upper tubes it doesn’t add any more protection the stage 3 hard anodizing. As I was meaning about the coated upper tubes and reservoirs, it doesn’t add any benefits besides looking cool. It does add more protection then a stage 3 hard anodizing. If we were comparing all the differences in coating vs non coating vs this and that coating for lower tubes then yes kashima does not just look cool it does add benefits. But for upper tubes it doesn’t add enough benefits for how much it costs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the snowmobile industry, yes, fox was one of the only companies to offer Kashima coating. On the lower tubes it does help decrease stiction as does DLC. But for upper tubes it doesn’t add any more protection the stage 3 hard anodizing. As I was meaning about the coated upper tubes and reservoirs, it doesn’t add any benefits besides looking cool. It does add more protection then a stage 3 hard anodizing. If we were comparing all the differences in coating vs non coating vs this and that coating for lower tubes then yes kashima does not just look cool it does add benefits. But for upper tubes it doesn’t add enough benefits for how much it costs.
Im not talking about dirt bike forks...

It benificial to coat the shock body with something other then just having raw aluminum....

Period.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It benificial to coat the shock body with something other then just having raw aluminum....

Period.
And the resy too. There is an internal floating piston in there. Less friction=good.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See these? They are aluminum, basically no hardness to the shock body.

When you coat these, anodize them, what ever your prefrence might be, its going to make them better is what im saying. Is it worth the expense of doing it? No probably not. But if its on there already, thats a good thing....

Screenshot_20211201-092116_Samsung Internet.jpg

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Period.

A shock is a shock……..wether or not it is air or spring. I agree a non coated upper shock tube or reservoir is definitely not good. That’s not at all what I’m meaning. A kashima coated upper tube does not handle scratches better then a properly done stage 3 anodizing. Kashima just is not worth the money to me to coat the upper tubes of a AIR or SPRING SHOCK. Unless you like bling and want to waste some money, then go ahead get them done. But kashima coated UPPER TUBES ON ANY SHOCK does not add any benefits like heat dissipation or less stiction in the internal components because they don’t coat the inside of that tube. Just the outside. It’s an added “cool factor”. We’re on the same page I think haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A shock is a shock……..wether or not it is air or spring. I agree a non coated upper shock tube or reservoir is definitely not good. That’s not at all what I’m meaning. A kashima coated upper tube does not handle scratches better then a properly done stage 3 anodizing. Kashima just is not worth the money to me to coat the upper tubes of a AIR or SPRING SHOCK. Unless you like bling and want to waste some money, then go ahead get them done. But kashima coated UPPER TUBES ON ANY SHOCK does not add any benefits like heat dissipation or less stiction in the internal components because they don’t coat the inside of that tube. Just the outside. It’s an added “cool factor”. We’re on the same page I think haha
Read above post, i cant explain it any better than that lol

But i think we are on the same page.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean Kashima. It’s a specially formulated anodizing that doesnt improve anything but look “cool”. But DLC or diamond like coating does actually help shed oil on internal components of your shock. Especially your tubes or rods. Now this is an unpopular option but what about some Evol Fox shocks? Found these on eBay View attachment 248324

That is incorrect, that coating is for wear resistance cause the coating is also inside the barrel.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea the inside of the tube has to be coated. If not then yes its just for show.

Top Bottom