WANTED: T3 AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And i know you can get the inside coated because i was looking at getting my kyb40s done by enzo. Its not cheap though.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now let's talk about ease of adjustment- air shocks are by far the easiest to adjust - that's one thing I hate about the Raptors- adjusting spring tension on the mountain is not very fun - I'm hoping this yr I can find a spot on the spring and just leave it there

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is incorrect, that coating is for wear resistance cause the coating is also inside the barrel.

Yes that’s what Mikayi group designed it for. But on the Fox replacement tubes I’ve received have NOT been coated on the inside fully. Generally the middle is left with bare aluminum. Making it not as useful. Now this could just be me. This is my personal opinion here but I find it doesn’t add much to the table vs a normally coated shock body

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20211201_095226.jpg

The enzo's are the real deal.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s what Mikayi group designed it for. But on the Fox replacement tubes I’ve received have NOT been coated on the inside fully. Generally the middle is left with bare aluminum. Making it not as useful. Now this could just be me. This is my personal opinion here but I find it doesn’t add much to the table vs a normally coated shock body

That I didn’t know. The KYB coated shock are the real deal.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are they yours? Those are the premium shocks.
No those arent mine.I did everything but the coatings on mine. Its pretty expensive to do. That was on my old freeride though..

On my T3 that i just picked up ill probably do the stage 1 kit. Its a 174 so wont really be jumping it much.

I want to turbo it too mabe, so following this thread.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No those arent mine.I did everything but the coatings on mine. Its pretty expensive to do. That was on my old freeride though..

On my T3 that i just picked up ill probably do the stage 1 kit. Its a 174 so wont really be jumping it much.

I want to turbo it too mabe, so following this thread.

Tim can add the turbo valving, and just dial back the settings for the stock power for now.
If you decide to cram air into its throat, than switch to the turbo settings for the rear shock.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now let's talk about ease of adjustment- air shocks are by far the easiest to adjust - that's one thing I hate about the Raptors- adjusting spring tension on the mountain is not very fun - I'm hoping this yr I can find a spot on the spring and just leave it there

Yes and no.
I hated the air shocks on my old mod. You could have your air pressure set perfect in the garage and when the sled got in the cold they sacked out. I was constantly messing with them on the hill, I sure the new air shocks are better but the set I had on my whole sled definitely left a sour memory.

Top Bottom