WANTED: T3 AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for aftermarket t3 174 suspension. Let me know what you got.

IMG_20211120_140336070.jpg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one of the best sleds on the planet in my opinion - good luck finding something good for that weapon - I have the racers edge Baker- setup with a raptor - I love it - the exit coilover torsion delete looks good and is fairly cheap - my buddy did the fat boy torsion springs from doo with the polyurethane bushings - I'm not bein ignorant when I say good luck - hope you find something that helps her hook up good cuz when she does - look the f*k out

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had a baker in its turbo T3 174, and my brother had a Enzo turbo tuned suspension in his T174. They swapped back and forth and on the hill both suspensions were equal. On the trail the Enzo shined over the baker.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had a baker in its turbo T3 174, and my brother had a Enzo turbo tuned suspension in his T174. They swapped back and forth and on the hill both suspensions were equal. On the trail the Enzo shined over the baker.
Did he have Raptors for the ski shocks with the baker? Cuz I hated mine too the progressive springs on them were too soft and sh*tty - now that I got new springs from raptor for them I think they are gonna be really good - in my opinion kyb are one of the cheapest garbage shocks maybe they are good onece Enzo tunes em - but in the end the carcass of rhe shock is still sh*t in my opinion - if you price out shocks for a vehicle kyb are some of the cheapest and that's why doo puts them on because they get them for $6/ shock from kyb

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he have Raptors for the ski shocks with the baker? Cuz I hated mine too the progressive springs on them were too soft and sh*tty - now that I got new springs from raptor for them I think they are gonna be really good - in my opinion kyb are one of the cheapest garbage shocks maybe they are good onece Enzo tunes em - but in the end the carcass of rhe shock is still sh*t in my opinion - if you price out shocks for a vehicle kyb are some of the cheapest and that's why doo puts them on because they get them for $6/ shock from kyb

I’ve been running Enzo tuned shocks since my 2016 T3 174. I do not care for the factory shock tuning, or spring rates.
I run the freeride c-40’s in the rear of my sled. I can assure you they are not cheap to replace one, especially when Enzo mods them with different clickers the race dept uses.
Just saying a turbo does not need a fancy suspension.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been running Enzo tuned shocks since my 2016 T3 174. I do not care for the factory shock tuning, or spring rates.
I run the freeride c-40’s in the rear of my sled. I can assure you they are not cheap to replace one, especially when Enzo mods them with different clickers the race dept uses.
Just saying a turbo does not need a fancy suspension.
I'm just saying if you knew the cost of these shocks from kyb - like the dollar amount that doo pays for each kyb you would see that all kyb's are cheap junk in my personal opinion - go online to a parts site for car parts - kyb's - the cheapest junk probably good enough with the fancy gutting and inside work but in the end the carcass of the shock is still hot garbage in my opinion - especially for some of the places I end up

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kyb 40s are awesome, and i have had raptors.

Kyb also makes moto x suspension, not just shocks for you kia.

Just sayin...

Screenshot_20211122-084007_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess more than 50% of their shocks are junk then which is too high IMO - I'm not saying Raptors are the best either - when I'm bashing the kyb's it's mainly just the stockers that come on doo - talk to the elka guys and ask them how much doo wanted to pay them per shock to put em on summits

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id take kyb 40s over elkas too probably.
I certainly wouldnt pay 4g on elkas to replace them!

(Kyb 40 come stock on older freerides, skeg pro has the 36mm kybs)

Im sure Ken Roczen isnt going to auto value to replace the KYBs on his factory race bike! Haha

Run what ever ya want, but i agree with Caper that the enzo kyb package would work good for skeg pro, and costs about 1700$

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id take kyb 40s over elkas too probably.
I certainly wouldnt pay 4g on elkas to replace them!

(Kyb 40 come stock on older freerides, skeg pro has the 36mm kybs)

Im sure Ken Roczen isnt going to auto value to replace the KYBs on his factory race bike! Haha

Run what ever ya want, but i agree with Caper that the enzo kyb package would work good for skeg pro, and costs about 1700$
Oh bud - I know elkas are brutally expensive - with sled parts tho I swear they put numbers in hat to come up with prices - I'm just saying that stock kybs are hot garbage and the freeride shocks in my opinion are just 1 step higher on the hot garbage rating and look like fisher price shocks - and the ones on the ex wife's Honda ridgeline are also hot garbage but that's all she f*kin deserves anyways - if it were my sled and I was goin a cheap route I would personally try the exit torsion delete kit for the xm - buy who knows maybe the heavy duty torsions from doo and some polyurethane bushings in the torsions too and an Enzo revalve on the stocker shock might be f*ckin minto too - who knows - just giver a go and I agree save as much as you can cuz fuel is pricey

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh bud - I know elkas are brutally expensive - with sled parts tho I swear they put numbers in hat to come up with prices - I'm just saying that stock kybs are hot garbage and the freeride shocks in my opinion are just 1 step higher on the hot garbage rating and look like fisher price shocks - and the ones on the ex wife's Honda ridgeline are also hot garbage but that's all she f*kin deserves anyways - if it were my sled and I was goin a cheap route I would personally try the exit torsion delete kit for the xm - buy who knows maybe the heavy duty torsions from doo and some polyurethane bushings in the torsions too and an Enzo revalve on the stocker shock might be f*ckin minto too - who knows - just giver a go and I agree save as much as you can cuz fuel is pricey
Hot garbage? What does even that mean?

Anodizing or a fancy paint job isnt going to make a shock work any better. Lol

I know what works, ive tried it all! Haha

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot garbage is bad - it means terrible - you don't gotta tell me about fancy - I'm completely against ski-doo and their rainbow f*cking ROYGBIVVY color antics with everything - ooooo gold colored kyb's oooo those must be so good - hot f*cking garbage - adjustable carbides like cmon ffs - how bout lose the torsions - and I don't mean lynx grasshopper edition f*k that - coilover pointed in the proper direction just like a f*king dirtbike - don't get me started lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That gold color is a special coating that makes the shock body more slippery for smoother piston travel....

What makes a good shock in your world?

Tell me what you' re looking at when you go shock shopping?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That gold color is a special coating that makes the shock body more slippery for smoother piston travel....

What makes a good shock in your world?

Tell me what you' re looking at when you go shock shopping?
Diameter of shock shaft - spring size and stiffness for the application - progressive or not - ease of adjustment - titanium springs are good they can take thousands more compression's than a steel spring without fatigue - maybe gold Teflon should be on the list now I guess

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diameter of shock shaft - spring size and stiffness for the application - progressive or not - ease of adjustment - titanium springs are good they can take thousands more compression's than a steel spring without fatigue - maybe gold Teflon should be on the list now I guess
Is 40 mm bigger or smaller than 36mm?

Raptors= 36mm, kyb 40,= 40mm

Edit: never mind, shock body diameter wasnt on your list, but it should be lol

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is 40 mm bigger or smaller than 36mm?

Raptors= 36mm, kyb 40,= 40mm

Edit: never mind, shock body diameter wasnt on your list, but it should be lol
Raptors on an xm are only decent in the skid with a baker setup - in my opinion - I have hated these front raptor ski shocks for 4 yrs now but I intend to get everything out of them that the f*cker's owe me

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raptors on an xm are only decent in the skid with a baker setup - in my opinion - I have hated these front raptor ski shocks for 4 yrs now but I intend to get everything out of them that the f*cker's owe me
Yeah hopefully the new springs work for you.

Not trying to run down the raptors btw.

They are a nice shock, their nitride shafts are probably the best in the industry.

My top pick for shocks right now would be the fox 2.0s or the kyb 46mm available on race sleds or lynx short track.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are a nice shock, the nitride shafts are probably the best in the industry.

My top pick for shocks right now would be the fox 2.0s or the kyb 46mm available on race sleds or lynx short track.
I've got an old fox float on my 04 kingcat in the centre of the m-10 skid and it rides like a dream - it all depends on the sled for shocks for sure - the raptor progressive springs in the front are probably good on a stock sled - but not on a centre mount turbo - it weighs as much as an m1100 in the front end

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are a nice shock, their nitride shafts are probably the best in the industry.

The new fox lightweight mountain series are awesome.
Ran them year, probably will again this year.

If I can't find something for this sleigh it will probably go to mbs suspension for a go over.

Top Bottom