Vintage favorite ride

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
List your favorite vintage sled that you ride . For me yamaha et 340 trapper. It had no seat,windshield ,and the hood was smashed. Always started and for $150 the best valve out of all my vintage sleds

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1975 snojet astro ss 340 That thing just wouldn't quit, rode it everyday after school and on weekends for years
1635713535309.png

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably my 1977 Moto Ski Nuvik 340. Probably put more miles on that than any other sled I've owned over the years. Back in the day when we had snow in the winter on the prairies.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably my 1977 Moto Ski Nuvik 340. Probably put more miles on that than any other sled I've owned over the years. Back in the day when we had snow in the winter on the prairies.

Hahaha those things would fly on flat land !!I swear more power than my buddies 440

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C2C0A629-529F-45EA-9D0A-695CB5B6D900.jpeg
Here is mine, ‘76 Cheetah 5000. My dad bought it new. We would want to ride after school. Dad said if we could start it we could ride. Found out when we were older that he would start it before we got home so it would start 1st pull. Not much for suspension but it did ignite my love for sledding! Still have this sled, there were others but I had to keep this one.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 1973 motoski I rode that thing till there wasn’t much left of it, no hood, broken handlebars,ripped a ski off,

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me shed a chear of joy.
Thanks for posting amigos !!!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 246639Here is mine, ‘76 Cheetah 5000. My dad bought it new. We would want to ride after school. Dad said if we could start it we could ride. Found out when we were older that he would start it before we got home so it would start 1st pull. Not much for suspension but it did ignite my love for sledding! Still have this sled, there were others but I had to keep this one.

That's a great story - total "tough guy - complete softy" Dad stuff right there. (y)(y)

gforce_15

Reaction score
My Dads original 70 Panther that I just did a full resto on. His best friend bought the same sled new in 70 and it seemed like such a cool sled with the leopard seat and all we just had to have one of our own.
Nice old Cat! Did you repaint that hood and put new decals on? or is that part still original?

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice old Cat! Did you repaint that hood and put new decals on? or is that part still original?

If you can believe it everything is original except for the windshield and engine now . I polished the hood and it came back like new. This sled originally came with a 340 JLO single that would get heat soaked and never re start, because of this It was never ridden.
I wanted to actually be able to ride it so did a ton of research and John Deer used the same Kawasaki engines as Cat in the early 80’s only with CDI ignition and Mikuni carbs. I did an engine swap last winter with a full JD Kawasaki 440, complete wiring harness, throttle block and COMET clutch I used a 72 Cat motor plate and exhaust, Rebuilt the engine and runs like a clock now. Super excited to actually put some miles on this thing now !!!!
IMG_4805.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom