Valemount Conditions and Updates 2022-2023

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome folks!

Stoked to be firing up the 2022/23 Season

The precipitation is coming back and the temperatures are cooling off. Winter looks to be starting!

I will try to be brief here. If you ever have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us directly through the VARDA office. It is by far the most efficient way to get an answer to your questions.

2022-2023 Membership and Season Passes are now on sale at our Early Bird rate of $250.00 until November 9th. We have a NEW membership program this year as with all BC Snowmobile Federation Clubs. I REPEAT, THIS IS A NEW PROGRAM...... if you are like me, you hate change, but I promise it will be ok. You will need to create a new account for you and your family. All families now have one account administrator which is awesome. You will also only have to build your account once....then every other year is a very simple process. Please buy all of your passes (Primary, Secondary and under 18s) at the same time to qualify for the Secondary discount. Photos must be uploaded for each person. It is a good process but there is a learning curve. ALL pricing discounts are totaled at the end of checkout, so do not call me in a panic until you have gone through the process...mmmmk?

If you would like to sign on as a member or a season pass holder (which comes with membership) please CLICK HERE and hit the JOIN button on the lower left. If you run into any issues try again. You likely missed a check box or did not scroll through the waiver (for each person) If this still does not work, feel free to reach out.

Clemina Creek - There is some great news here. We have been promised by Trans Mountain that we will have access paralleling the FSR to the 4km marker this season. That means no more of the $hit show that we had last year. Forestry is also building a new road up the 4km marker, utilizing the existing bridge. This means, no more icy and steep switchbacks. Clemina is a special place and is amazing for families. We are very excited and appreciative to have it safe and accessible again this season and we appreciate all of you, for your patience last year as we dealt with the associated issues.

Sponsors - We cannot express how important our sponsors are to what we do. In the midst of skyrocketing prices, we were able to keep trail passes at the same rate for another season due to the generosity of so many great businesses and people. PLEASE try to support those who support you and make them aware of why you are supporting them. When you are deciding where to invest your hard earned dollars, take a look at our sponsor listings and try to give back to those who are on that list. You may be quite surprised at some who aren't, but our focus remains on the positive and giving back those who do commit to supporting our industry for the long term.

Accommodation - We know there are issues associated with all of the industrial activity. While this will continue this season, we are hearing reports that it may not be as bad as the previous year. Reach out to accommodations early and ask them questions. Some are really working hard to accommodate the public vs industrial. Plan ahead if you can.
Please be aware of the sponsoring accommodations in our sponsor listings or Area Guide and start there first!

Myself and the VARDA team are always here to help. If there is anything we can help with, please reach out and we will do our best to accommodate.

Have a safe season all! See you on the snow!

Curtis Pawliuk

Attachments

• Essential Sponsor.jpg
    Essential Sponsor.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 307

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 feet and growing on the stick at Allen......what's everybody waiting for?

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya'll got any more of that.....snow?

Sadly, we have not had any major precipitation in some time now. Our flipper ticklers are itchin too, but it is just not the time to ride.
The good news is that it is still mid November and that means that it is just the very beginning of the winter season and while we are all anxious, the real season has not even began.

Some more good news is that we had a great meeting yesterday with Trans Mountain on site in the Clemina area and we will have a beautiful trail this year right from the parking lot. In the early season, there will be some controlled access through a short section at 3km while they finish up a short piece of work, but we are back to a beautiful trail surface and will be able to maintain our trail to a standard we are proud of. NOTE: that there is work on going at this time and there is no access trail. It will be near the beginning of December when things open up.

Now, lets have a chat about Allan Creek..... As with many year's past, there is a gate at the 3km marker on the main trail... does this stop you from going up Allan? Heck NO. Is there another option right in front of your eyes? Heck YES. Riders are coming so early these recent years that this is causing severe icing on the steeper access trails. We use the gate to preserve one trail so we can start grooming for you as soon as possible to make it safe and smooth for all. The alternate way up at 3km is not recommended for beginners, but neither is early season riding. If you are not experienced with this access, we strongly suggest that you go somewhere else until our grooming begins.

Seasons Passes - please do not wait until last minute to get your pass. We have been pushing these for a while now. Sign on via this link. It is a NEW PROCESS this year as with all British Columbia Snowmobile Federation - BCSF clubs. Even if you have had a pass or membership previously, you need to recreate a new account and follow the steps. Any questions, please feel free to reach out.

https://www.amilia.com/store/en/varda/shop/programs/78949...

Thank you all. Get snow dancin

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reports from guys riding is, its not worth it to ride right now. All three areas need lots more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on when grooming will start? Lots of fresh snow, trails are getting rough.

Not sure where the fresh snow is that you found, but sadly it is not on our lower trails. We want to groom as much as you all do, but just because the top end of the trail has some snow, it does not mean the rest is ready to go. Unfortunately we have to start from the valley bottom and we simply do not have enough coverage. It's a brutal start to winter. Even the 7 day forecast is $hit....

We want to get this season going as much as you do. After the last few years of the C word and they other complications, we are very much looking forward to seeing you all again and having things get back to normal. Valemount is extremely appreciative of our winter visitors and we want to provide the best service as possible at every opportunity, unfortunately those opportunities are delayed a bit this year.

For the most recent update on the situation, you can also check out the riding conditions tab on our website as that will always be the place that we update on conditions first.

Ride safe

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Save your money, we went out last Saturday to do some testing only and it is very low out there, we went back as far as avalanche alley where we did find some deep pow but it was russian roulette folks, I got lucky and hit a rock with my track but a foot over and it would have been expensive. I feel that there needs to be a minimum of 4 feet more of snow before I will go again, that being said the trail was not too bad for us as we were the first ones up but when we went down the ice patches were pretty significant, it will be a gong show this weekend especially by the 2 downed trees. to put it bluntly we left the hill very early because the risk was not worth the reward but our testing went well and we felt that it was worth it for what we learned, be careful, really think about a helicopter or tow if you want to scratch the itch!!!!

Top Bottom