Valemount Conditions and Updates 2021 2022

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope everyones having a good year so far.
I am posting this because there is 4 of us that have never been to Valemount before. We will be heading out that way and staying in Valemount.
I am wondering if there is anyone looking for a group to tag along with that knows the area? or if there is someone looking to make a couple bucks
to show us around. please pm me.

Thanks

Allen creek - don’t play in avalanche ally,just get through at a reasonable pace

Clemina. Don’t play in avalanche valley( I was told that a long time ago) And the bowl in morning glory is a terrain trap. And that beautiful pull on the left side as you drop in just inside of the goat ridge bowl

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope everyones having a good year so far.
I am posting this because there is 4 of us that have never been to Valemount before. We will be heading out that way and staying in Valemount.
I am wondering if there is anyone looking for a group to tag along with that knows the area? or if there is someone looking to make a couple bucks
to show us around. please pm me.

Thanks
Will probably get more reply's if you let people know if you have the mountain safety gear and if any mountain riding experience, and skill level.
For guiding services in valemount the go to guys are Frozen Pirates snow services (Curtus Pawliuk)

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Heading up after work today until Sunday! Allen creek camera looks socked in but can’t tell if it’s snow or fog haha

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry no updates from here. Tried to get out today and was blocked by several accidents and gridlock traffic so turned around and worked on our little broken cat at crystal ridge. It has been raining for a few days to what I am guessing is about 13-1400m. Not sure about the alpine snow quality...its warm, but its got to be snowing up there.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry no updates from here. Tried to get out today and was blocked by several accidents and gridlock traffic so turned around and worked on our little broken cat at crystal ridge. It has been raining for a few days to what I am guessing is about 13-1400m. Not sure about the alpine snow quality...its warm, but its got to be snowing up there.
Any rider numbers for Clemina, Allen, or Chappel the past couple days? Grooming tonight?

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No updates, that’s fine!

Had a great time in Chappel today. Mixed visibility. Plenty of fresh lines. Burned my tank and my spare. Have a video of the Axys Boondocker vs the Ski Doo Factory Turbo I’ll share later.

Snow was setting up big time by days end. Heading to blue tomo with fingers crossed.

Ride safe everyone!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big hole on the chappel trail right side going up, right before the 9-10km mark. It’s about 2-3 ft wide and goes down to the creek below..

No one went above the lake, couldn’t see good enough.

Only about 5-6 trucks there, decent amount of tracks, but still some lines left around. Bumper+ deep of heavyish snow.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No updates, that’s fine!

Had a great time in Chappel today. Mixed visibility. Plenty of fresh lines. Burned my tank and my spare. Have a video of the Axys Boondocker vs the Ski Doo Factory Turbo I’ll share later.

Snow was setting up big time by days end. Heading to blue tomo with fingers crossed.

Ride safe everyone!
You riding there with Troy? He said is was it was good, but I think this is his first ride of the year so a skiff would probably make him excited. Heavy snow he says.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You riding there with Troy? He said is was it was good, but I think this is his first ride of the year so a skiff would probably make him excited. Heavy snow he says.
Yup, Troy and I and another buddy. Report is the same, decent snow pending visibility. He rode well today, everyone hD a good time- happy to be back!

Snow compacted days end.

Likely riding blue tomo

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Clemina today, pretty wind blown in most open bowls and areas. Found some good pow in cut blocks and Lakeview creek.

Trail was good on way up, pretty bumpy on way down, but super warm and slushy.

Unless you know secret spots, I’d aim for somewhere else or wait for a reload.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Clemina today, pretty wind blown in most open bowls and areas. Found some good pow in cut blocks and Lakeview creek.

Trail was good on way up, pretty bumpy on way down, but super warm and slushy.

Unless you know secret spots, I’d aim for somewhere else or wait for a reload.
Looks like it might be coming.
Screenshot_20220115-221826_WeatherCAN.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving tomorrow, 6 of us, reload is coming…… we’ll I sure hope so anyway

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the precipitation over the last couple of days, the alpine areas look to be getting a bit of a reload although the extent of that is uncertain

The lower elevations are still soggy and wet with freezing levels to 1400m, although the trend looks for cooling starting on Tuesday.

Up in the alpine, our snow has been quite good. We do not have the rain crusts being discussed in other areas of the province and our alpine snow has stayed quite dry considering the tropical temperatures.

The warm temps certainly affect our grooming down low, so we thank you for your understanding on that front.

All riding areas are being regularly maintained and it is winter business as usual around here. Any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us at the VARDA office and check out our website at www.ridevalemount.com for the most up to date info.

Attachments

• 20220115_120847.jpg
    20220115_120847.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 156

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it really was. Not sure i will ever recover from the emotional damages of being first tracks everywhere i went. Not knowing which way to go because there is unlimited options of fresh lines is extremely stressful
Can't be as bad as the emotional damage your buddy took unloading in the staging area

Top Bottom